Is iosd mini required for ground station?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just purchased the ground station here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FEQG25C

And I noticed this package doesn't come with an iosd mini. I never purchased an iosd as I have no real use for it, just been looking at the fpv screen. Question is, is an iosd mini needed to use the bluetooth datalink with gs? I haven't been able to find a straight answer.

Thanks!

OI Photography said:
Nope. The iOSD mini is just useful for seeing telemetry data on your video display whenever you aren't using the GS.

Thanks for the quick response. So this package is everything I need to properly use the GS on iPad app? The canbus connection isn't being used by anything currently

skyecamprod said:
OI Photography said:
Nope. The iOSD mini is just useful for seeing telemetry data on your video display whenever you aren't using the GS.

Thanks for the quick response. So this package is everything I need to properly use the GS on iPad app? The canbus connection isn't being used by anything currently

Right, the GS station unit that mounts on the Phantom can plug straight in to the canbus port on the leg, and that's the only connection it will need. However, the unit on the ground (where you plug in the Bluetooth adaptor for the iPad) will require a power source, usually a small 3S lipo battery is fine for that, and probably an adaptor cable or two to connect the battery to it.

OI Photography said:
skyecamprod said:
OI Photography said:

Right, the GS station unit that mounts on the Phantom can plug straight in to the canbus port on the leg, and that's the only connection it will need. However, the unit on the ground (where you plug in the Bluetooth adaptor for the iPad) will require a power source, usually a small 3S lipo battery is fine for that, and probably an adaptor cable or two to connect the battery to it.
Awesome, thanks again. I will rig a battery up to power it

I'm a little surprised you need to rig up your own battery. I would have thought it would come with a built in rechargeable battery? Guess not.

FASTFJR said:
I'm a little surprised you need to rig up your own battery. I would have thought it would come with a built in rechargeable battery? Guess not.

I'm surprised too. It can also be powered by 2 USB ports. I see a lot of people also using a USB rechargeable battery like people use to charge their phones on the go

skyecamprod said:
FASTFJR said:

I'm surprised too. It can also be powered by 2 USB ports. I see a lot of people also using a USB rechargeable battery like people use to charge their phones on the go

Yep that will work too, as long as the USB battery pack puts out at least 1A.

OI Photography said:
skyecamprod said:
FASTFJR said:

Yep that will work too, as long as the USB battery pack puts out at least 1A.

just ordered this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HEB43Y2/

it looks like the 10000mah will charge up to 2.1amps

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4