Is everything ok in Rotorpixel?

Well the wait is almost over:D I just got an email fro Keri saying my RPG was shipped today along with an Canada Post tracking number woohoo.
That's great Mike :) Not gonna tell ya I told ya so ;)
Did forget ta tell ya customs hold's it about a week though didn't I ?

Yep now back to waiting but this time I know it's actually on the way:D

My daughter and son in law just land in London this morning for a 10 day holiday! It's their last hurrah before my grandson is born in January or I would be along too:(;)

Hope they've got their rain coats & jumpers with them, weather here has changed quite a bit over the last couple of days.

Where they staying & visiting Mike?

That's great Mike :) Not gonna tell ya I told ya so ;)
Did forget ta tell ya customs hold's it about a week though didn't I ?
That's ok you were right and I knew I would get it eventually;)

No but I was expected some kind of delay at customs. I used to go fishing in up state New York along the Canadian border and going back and forth across the border ws a pain in the *** sometimes. One time those Canadian SOBs search our Blazer to the point of even taking the seats out. When they were done they said ok you can pass and we were like ok but we don't have any tools to put the seats back in. They just laughed and said not our problem. Ended up putting them back in with a pair of pliers until we got back to our cabin where we had tools on our boats.

Hope they've got their rain coats & jumpers with them, weather here has changed quite a bit over the last couple of days.

Where they staying & visiting Mike?
Yep they packed for the weather. They are staying in London at the Citizen M Hotel Bankside, exploring the city and taking day trips out into the country. I took her on a whirlwind tour of the UK a few years ago that I think I mentioned before and she studied at Kings College for a semester so she know her way around London fairly well.

I know that hotel well, Southwark street I think, a stone throw from London Bridge;)

Shame you ain't with them Mike, I could of jumped on a train & met with ya;) I would be the only pink pig in London so you would of recognised me :D

Hope they have a great time in the smoke, that's what we call London ;)

That's ok you were right and I knew I would get it eventually;)

No but I was expected some kind of delay at customs. I used to go fishing in up state New York along the Canadian border and going back and forth across the border ws a pain in the *** sometimes. One time those Canadian SOBs search our Blazer to the point of even taking the seats out. When they were done they said ok you can pass and we were like ok but we don't have any tools to put the seats back in. They just laughed and said not our problem. Ended up putting them back in with a pair of pliers until we got back to our cabin where we had tools on our boats.
I was just picking Mike . Mine came right on through :D

I know that hotel well, Southwark street I think, a stone throw from London Bridge;)

Shame you ain't with them Mike, I could of jumped on a train & met with ya;) I would be the only pink pig in London so you would of recognised me :D

Hope they have a great time in the smoke, that's what we call London ;)
That would have been great to meet up. Next time for sure. They already have plans for a 2018 holiday to the UK and grandpa is coming this time to watch the little one in the evening and pay for the trip as well. Nice of them eh?

I was just picking Mike . Mine came right on through :D
Well that makes me feel a little better :D I'm hoping to have it installed and all the bugs if any out for 9/19 when a buddy is getting married.

Reactions: dirkclod
Well that makes me feel a little better :D I'm hoping to have it installed and all the bugs if any out for 9/19 when a buddy is getting married.
Seems like it was less than a week from my e mail but that seemed like a month :)

Reactions: Mike Drone7
That would have been great to meet up. Next time for sure. They already have plans for a 2018 holiday to the UK and grandpa is coming this time to watch the little one in the evening and pay for the trip as well. Nice of them eh?

Blimey Mike 2018:eek: by that time I'll be.......
giphy.gif

Seems like it was less than a week from my e mail but that seemed like a month :)
That's good to know but doesn't help with the waiting game:eek: But at least I know it has left his shop and it's on it's way:D

Blimey Mike 2018:eek: by that time I'll be.......
giphy.gif
Crack me up Porky but that's not that long from now;)

My daughter just texted me a picture of the menu for the huge English breakfast she will be having in the morning! Every time I've been to the UK that was always one of my most favorite things to start the day! My favorite place that I've stayed in a few times was a lovely retired couples home called the Beadles B&B in Middleton, Winterslow, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 1QS. What a lovely little old village. I'd love to be there now with my P2V.

Just decided to have beans on toast, some grilled tomatoes from the garden and a couple of sausages for dinner tonight:D

@Charlieurope
Hey Charlie if you haven't gone with another type of gimbal you may want to reconsider the RotorPixel. I got an email confirmation that mine shipped today and a postal tracking number:D

Man I've gotta stay away from the P3 forum:rolleyes: and off eBay:eek: I haven't even gotten the RPG yet which is going to make the world of difference in my videos and I'm looking at the P3:confused:

Gotta love all this stuff but sometimes I wish I never got sucked into this hobby.

NO way I take that back;) It's almost as fun as being a kid during the summer running around in the woods from sun up until sundown:D

Crack me up Porky but that's not that long from now;)

My daughter just texted me a picture of the menu for the huge English breakfast she will be having in the morning! Every time I've been to the UK that was always one of my most favorite things to start the day! My favorite place that I've stayed in a few times was a lovely retired couples home called the Beadles B&B in Middleton, Winterslow, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 1QS. What a lovely little old village. I'd love to be there now with my P2V.

Just decided to have beans on toast, some grilled tomatoes from the garden and a couple of sausages for dinner tonight:D

I stay in villages like this,
image.jpg

this is right up my street, excuse the pun:D but we do get a good breakfast;)

I think your daughter is rubbing your nose in it Mike, bad daughter.... But all good fun.

It is a very addictive hobby, like I've said before, I've only been flying since the beginning of this year. I love it more now than when I did when I 1st started out;)

I had to take my Vision into work yesterday to show one of the guys it, he's looking at getting a P3S so it was great fun telling him all about my vision & all the things it can do;) I think he's gonna bite the dust & get one. He's seen me flying my other one & liked that but he likes the Phantom range soooo it was the least I could do;)

I stay in villages like this,View attachment 29666
this is right up my street, excuse the pun:D but we do get a good breakfast;)

I think your daughter is rubbing your nose in it Mike, bad daughter.... But all good fun.

It is a very addictive hobby, like I've said before, I've only been flying since the beginning of this year. I love it more now than when I did when I 1st started out;)

I had to take my Vision into work yesterday to show one of the guys it, he's looking at getting a P3S so it was great fun telling him all about my vision & all the things it can do;) I think he's gonna bite the dust & get one. He's seen me flying my other one & liked that but he likes the Phantom range soooo it was the least I could do;)
That's cool getting someone else started with a Phantom. If he's married his wife will have your head;)

She is rubbing my nose in it constantly with texts and pictures shared in the cloud.

It certainly is very addictive and late last night while messing around on eBay I was one click away from ordering the P3 Pro/Advanced when I came to my senses and thought you've got the RPG coming next week and then after messing with it for a week or so the filter kit to add. But it was really tempting;)

Hoping that the wind calms down today so I can get out and take some pictures for the other thread. My buddy is still trying to save some of the pictures and video from my thumb drive but it's not looking good:(

Nope he's only a young guy so he's only got his d##k to keep;)

Yep he's done his research on the P3s so that's the way I think he's going plus they are a very good price ;)

Don't you press that button to buy a P3 yet, lol, you will love your P2V more when the RPG's fitted, trust me;)

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Nope he's only a young guy so he's only got his d##k to keep;)

Yep he's done his research on the P3s so that's the way I think he's going plus they are a very good price ;)

Don't you press that button to buy a P3 yet, lol, you will love your P2V more when the RPG's fitted, trust me;)
I won't for a little while yet;) I'm going to wait on DJI to add the obstacle avoidance technology to the P3. I saw that they have done it somewhat for non-gps indoor flying but not sure they have mastered it for outdoors in GPS mode yet.

There's really no rush I was just up late surfing eBay and got the urge;). I'm excited for the RPG to get here and get it fitted after all I've been waiting for almost 2 months:rolleyes:. Since it's so **** windy today I was thinking about putting the lens filter kit on but then I'd have to mess around balancing the RPG when it gets here. According to the tracking it should be here next Saturday and I guess I'll spend my free time today reading up again on installing it in the threads on here and watch the RPG collection of videos. I'll be waiting on the postman next week with the table in the workshop cleared off and ready for action:D

Right buddy

Just giving you a heads up, I'm on vacation at the end of next week for three weeks soooo I'm not going to be around to help if needed with your RPG but I know someone who will, come to the front Mr dirkclod:D

Right buddy

Just giving you a heads up, I'm on vacation at the end of next week for three weeks soooo I'm not going to be around to help if needed with your RPG but I know someone who will, come to the front Mr dirkclod:D
Thanks for the heads up and enjoy your holiday;)! Dirk is quite the wealth of knowledge and I hit him up all the time:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20