Is everything DJI makes lately a piece of junk? P4P is DOA

Reaction score
For crying out loud !!!!!!

I have owned and used a P3P since it came out.... never a single issue with it, even after I crashed it once... rock solid and reliable.

So I got excited about the Mavic Pro, ordered it and waiting two months to get it. It showed up with a defective gimbal. Went back and forth with DJI support until I was asked to send it in for a replacement. Three weeks later, I get my replacement and the gimbal works but the GPS receiver is defective as it keeps losing GPS for no reason when in flight - even when 14 satellites are visible in open fields. So I'm asked to send it back, yet again. I say no way and DJI is going to refund my money when it gets back to them (or so they say)

So I decide to stick with the reliable, proven, Phantom series and purchase a Phantom 4 Pro.

I activate about 5 minutes ago and.... guess what? Wait for it.... wait for it...... it's DEFECTIVE!!!!! Getting all sorts of vision sensor and vision system errors (and, yes, all clear protector stickers have been removed)

7d6970fb832b292a97bdd5562f900a4d.jpg

What..... the..... HECK!?! Can't these people actually test anything any more?????

I've now got $2800 tied up in two drones that cannot fly right out of the box.... not to mention the $99 I flushed down the toilet on DJI care for the Mavic that they're going to refund my money on.

At least I bought the P4P from B&H Photo so I can just send it right back to them instead of having to deal with DJI

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

For crying out loud !!!!!!

I have owned and used a P3P since it came out.... never a single issue with it, even after I crashed it once... rock solid and reliable.

So I got excited about the Mavic Pro, ordered it and waiting two months to get it. It showed up with a defective gimbal. Went back and forth with DJI support until I was asked to send it in for a replacement. Three weeks later, I get my replacement and the gimbal works but the GPS receiver is defective as it keeps losing GPS for no reason when in flight - even when 14 satellites are visible in open fields. So I'm asked to send it back, yet again. I say no way and DJI is going to refund my money when it gets back to them (or so they say)

So I decide to stick with the reliable, proven, Phantom series and purchase a Phantom 4 Pro.

I activate about 5 minutes ago and.... guess what? Wait for it.... wait for it...... it's DEFECTIVE!!!!! Getting all sorts of vision sensor and vision system errors (and, yes, all clear protector stickers have been removed)

7d6970fb832b292a97bdd5562f900a4d.jpg

What..... the..... HECK!?! Can't these people actually test anything any more?????

I've now got $2800 tied up in two drones that cannot fly right out of the box.... not to mention the $99 I flushed down the toilet on DJI care for the Mavic that they're going to refund my money on.

At least I bought the P4P from B&H Photo so I can just send it right back to them instead of having to deal with DJI

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
should of got a x star premium

I have both; a P4P and an Autel XStar Premium. The Mavic went back.
The XStar had to be repaired twice within the first three weeks; the P4P hasn't had a single issue.

What does this prove? Nada. Drones, like people aren't perfect.
So when your XStar bites the dust, we'll remind you that you should have purchased a P4P?

Just jerking your chain man[emoji851]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Stacy: I do feel your frustration. The same thing happened with my Autel XStar Premium, although it now functions perfectly.
Patience, my friend. Remember that drones are today where cars were 50 years ago. In 5-10 years we'll all be laughing at the 'smart' drones of today.

Having said the above, I do feel -- no proof -- that the quality control issues at DJI need to be tightened. It's what happens when a company experiences a huge surge in popularity and output; QA gets compromised.

Best rational solution? Just like with computers, try to buy one version back, rather than the latest and greatest. You won't have the latest and greatest, but you're more likely to keep your sanity.

As my wife keeps reminding me -- it's only a friggin drone.

Happy Droning [emoji851]

X-Star premium, I love your sense of humour. 1/ almost fisheye lense 2/ no safety such as collision avoid for those who can't fly 3/ single IMU so if that fails its flyaway or crash 4/ no I'll stop and not list the rest, think the points there lol

Stacy: I do feel your frustration. The same thing happened with my Autel XStar Premium, although it now functions perfectly.
Patience, my friend. Remember that drones are today where cars were 50 years ago. In 5-10 years we'll all be laughing at the 'smart' drones of today.

Having said the above, I do feel -- no proof -- that the quality control issues at DJI need to be tightened. It's what happens when a company experiences a huge surge in popularity and output; QA gets compromised.

Best rational solution? Just like with computers, try to buy one version back, rather than the latest and greatest. You won't have the latest and greatest, but you're more likely to keep your sanity.

As my wife keeps reminding me -- it's only a friggin drone.

Happy Droning [emoji851]

Thats excellent sense if we could keep to it, keep always to previous proven version

I have both; a P4P and an Autel XStar Premium. The Mavic went back.
The XStar had to be repaired twice within the first three weeks; the P4P hasn't had a single issue.

What does this prove? Nada. Drones, like people aren't perfect.
So when your XStar bites the dust, we'll remind you that you should have purchased a P4P?

Just jerking your chain man[emoji851]

have one of the first ones sold never had a single problem

Reactions: ATPhoto
X-Star premium, I love your sense of humour. 1/ almost fisheye lense 2/ no safety such as collision avoid for those who can't fly 3/ single IMU so if that fails its flyaway or crash 4/ no I'll stop and not list the rest, think the points there lol
you are so wrong about everything you posted ill just stop there myself

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers