Is DroneNerds an official DJI entity?

Reaction score
I broke down and bought a P4 (refurb) on Ebay from a merchant name DJIOFFICIALSTORE, while all receipts from Paypal revealed the merchant's name as DroneNerds. It was a great price @ $729.00

Nowadays, a lot of people are official authorized DJI dealer. While DronNerds put up a pretty official looking DJI store on Ebay, it would only be comforting to know that I have purchased refurbished products directly from manufacturer, and not another Official Authorized DJI dealer or repair center.

Appreciate for all your inputs in advance.

Drone Nerds is an authorized DJI dealer.

I broke down and bought a P4 (refurb) on Ebay from a merchant name DJIOFFICIALSTORE, while all receipts from Paypal revealed the merchant's name as DroneNerds. It was a great price @ $729.00

Nowadays, a lot of people are official authorized DJI dealer. While DronNerds put up a pretty official looking DJI store on Ebay, it would only be comforting to know that I have purchased refurbished products directly from manufacturer, and not another Official Authorized DJI dealer or repair center.

Appreciate for all your inputs in advance.

I made the same purchase. I'm wondering if you received yours yet. My P4 is suppose to show up on Friday. I'm wondering what your Refurb looked like, and it's initial condition our of the box.

I made the same purchase. I'm wondering if you received yours yet. My P4 is suppose to show up on Friday. I'm wondering what your Refurb looked like, and it's initial condition our of the box.

I purchased it online yesterday, won't get it until next week. Apparently, Nerds received in quantities and sell them in different times of the week on ebay. There was another batch last week. I am prepare for a return if it comes in conditions that shows signs of poor care or flying. I should have gotten it from "THE" DJI website selling refurb for $799 simply because they are the manufacturer. Unlike those mom and pop shop all over that pretend to be the real DJI.

Have you purchase a "shell" case for your P4 yet. I haven't decided on this one. Shell backpacks with or without foam costs almost the same.

Not yet. So far the one it comes with is not to bad. I think for now I'm going to buy the cheap cover for the factory case that I have seen.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Bought my Phantom 4 a couple of months ago from DroneNerds. Arrived like it was new and the only difference I can find was the price. VERY happy with their service and the product. My drone was shipped to a Texas address then forwarded to Mexico and arrived in perfect condition. NOTE: I also learned over the past couple of months to order accessories from DN and other ebay sellers that are authorized. I had a battery arrive dead from DJI website and it was a huge customer service nightmare, hours on the phone and return shipping at my cost. These ebay sellers must give good service or it immediately effects their seller reputation which is their whole business. This was shot from my P4:

Reactions: ftttu
Thanks for sharing your good experience to my inquiry. I hope my drone will arrive in condition like yours.

I received my Phantom 4 which I ordered from Ebay for $729, the order was fulfilled by DroneNerds. When I opened it up, it was pristine, you would never know it was a Refurb. Now I just need some better weather, the wind is howling. I did manage to get it activated and did get it in the air. One big bummer, my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 will not quite fit in the holder. Ooh well I can use my Phone and I have an older Galaxy Tab 4 which is slightly smaller.

Reactions: Walnawk
Nice. The price has come down. Keep in mind that if your tablet does not have cellular connection then it may not cache the maps to show your location and route which is really nice to have when you are getting started. Phone is not a bad way to go and I use my iPhone more than I use the iPad Air.

Mine looked brand new. Couldn't tell it had ever been opened.
Terry

Bought my Phantom 4 a couple of months ago from DroneNerds. Arrived like it was new and the only difference I can find was the price. VERY happy with their service and the product. My drone was shipped to a Texas address then forwarded to Mexico and arrived in perfect condition. NOTE: I also learned over the past couple of months to order accessories from DN and other ebay sellers that are authorized. I had a battery arrive dead from DJI website and it was a huge customer service nightmare, hours on the phone and return shipping at my cost. These ebay sellers must give good service or it immediately effects their seller reputation which is their whole business. This was shot from my P4:

That is absolutely beautiful!

You did a really good editing job.

Thanks to all! This drone is highly addictive. Going out to shoot more tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I really think $729 is a deal & a half. Now that the reports are coming in I wish I bought one instead of my $1799 P4P+ I really like my P4 better plus if something happens to it . it's not such a big hit .

Now it is my turn to report....finally.

I received the P4 from DroneNerds today, it is BRAND SPANKING NEW with no sign of usage, even though it was sold as "refurbished'. Like MexicoDrones said: "Arrived like it was new and the only difference I can find was the price." Absolutely on point. Now I just have to wait for a non-rainy day to fly :) I highly recommend this particular purchase from DroneNerds.

I purchased it online yesterday, won't get it until next week. Apparently, Nerds received in quantities and sell them in different times of the week on ebay. There was another batch last week. I am prepare for a return if it comes in conditions that shows signs of poor care or flying. I should have gotten it from "THE" DJI website selling refurb for $799 simply because they are the manufacturer. Unlike those mom and pop shop all over that pretend to be the real DJI.
Here's a warning for your 'return' my experience with DRONE NERDS:
I recently decided to upgrade from my Phantom 3 Advanced. I ordered a Phantom 3 pro from Drone Nerds. On receipt I realized I needed the Phantom 4, so I never opened the product box. I called DN to verify their return policy that the restocking fee applies ONLY to open boxes. Before I returned it I had forethought to take pictures of the box with unopened seals and a copy of the shipping receipt and return label (in case they claimed the picture was made prior to the RMA). There were supposed to be two receipts in the shipping box, a shipping receipt and an invoice. There was no invoice, which I was told to return. On return, even though at 11:54 AM on 3/31 they told me as long as the seals were not broken I could return it and order the P4, there would be no restocking fee. I did so. And they still charged a restocking fee. Now, since I see how disreputable Drone Nerds is, I don't even want the P4. But I have already opened it, and don't want to pay a (legitimate) restocking fee. My advice to ANYONE doing any business with drone nerds is to make sure you have everything in writing and take every action (pictures etc) to protect yourself from these dishonest vendors. They will lie to you. Do not trust anything they say to you. I can't get them to respond to my emails, when I call they put me on hold (caller ID) and do not respond to voicemail messages. I'm having to go through the hassle of sending the pictures and copies of their refund policy and the phone records when I called ( I live in Alabama it's a single party record state) to my credit card company to get the charge refunded for the bogus fee they charged. Summary: If you can buy somewhere else do. DJI needs to find an honest vendor to authorize, there are other refurb sellers out there on ebay. DO NOT BUY FROM DRONE NERDS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj