Is drone base a scam?!

Do you need a business name etc for yourself to do this or will a part 107 suffice?
I have sent in 5 pano missions so far and all have been rejected. I have my camera on manual and have set all to the specs they are requesting, To me the pics look very good, I have a p4p with the 20 mp camera. Also I am trying to send in the Getty Mission of downtown Indianapolis, it is 440 MB and will not upload. Can someone tell me how to compact it some way so I can upload it and send it to them.

Thanks John.....

I have sent in 5 pano missions so far and all have been rejected. I have my camera on manual and have set all to the specs they are requesting, To me the pics look very good, I have a p4p with the 20 mp camera. Also I am trying to send in the Getty Mission of downtown Indianapolis, it is 440 MB and will not upload. Can someone tell me how to compact it some way so I can upload it and send it to them.

Thanks John.....

Email Nick and ask him why they're being rejected.

There were about 12 client missions (hail damage) posted in my area yesterday. All were taken in less than a minute. Two things that are odd...

I see no one else in this area ever doing pano missions.

There was only a three hour shooting window for all of these and it will be physically impossible for one person to do them all in the necessary time frame. Will be interesting to see how to plays out.

Email Nick and ask him why they're being rejected.

There were about 12 client missions (hail damage) posted in my area yesterday. All were taken in less than a minute. Two things that are odd...

I see no one else in this area ever doing pano missions.

There was only a three hour shooting window for all of these and it will be physically impossible for one person to do them all in the necessary time frame. Will be interesting to see how to plays out.

12! Nice. What time of day did you get the email?

Take a look over on the inspire forum and you will see pilots over there flying for DB. After my frustrating incident I did some digging and found out a company has been flying for DB for the past 2 years right here in Portland. And I'm sure there's more.

So here's my latest delimia. Houses in my area are selling so fast, DB can't keep up. It's taking around 4-6 days now for DB to process a pano and by that time the home has several offers to choose from or has all ready sold. About 1/2 the houses I visit seem to have a sale pending sign posted. That being said I haven't had a pano sell for more 19 bucks in months. Meaning no realitors are buying panos in my area. So that has slowed payments way down. I might be selling 1/10 panos now. Starting to loose faith.....

12! Nice. What time of day did you get the email?

I think it was around 3pm. We had widespread hail damage so these all exploded on there. Ended up working out though, because I got some much better paying jobs through my actual business that would have conflicted anyway. But it's still nice to know that there are client missions in the area. I do have one accepted for this Sunday. Will report back how that goes.

We use DB to add to the pen money, we don't go out of the way but if there is a mission close to one of our regular jobs we will do it. We are getting paid for about 60%.Most of those are commercial real estate. However, if there is not a for sale sign in the yard we don't fly it. We have also noted that some of the missions are not active real estate. Not sure if they are bank related or what??

Thanks John.....
Google Handbrake video encoder. Use the default settings and let me know your resulting video size.

I've flown 9 panos and 4 client missions. Got paid for 4 of the panos. I google pano missions before showing up, making sure the house is still on the market. Have mostly stopped doing panos though, I just wait for the client missions to come in.

Only had 1 homeowner ask me what I was doing. Told them shooting real estate photos and they said OK and moved on.

Reactions: AyeYo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1