Is DJI spark better for INDOOR flying?

Reaction score
Since it's smaller, just wondering if it's more ideal for indoor flying than the others...

If you're really interested in indoor flying, a DJI drone is not the right tool for the job. Pick up something like a Cheerson Mini. They are pretty harmless and can really take a beating when crashed.

If you're really interested in indoor flying, a DJI drone is not the right tool for the job. Pick up something like a Cheerson Mini. They are pretty harmless and can really take a beating when crashed.
Something like this would be good if it had a 4K camera. Anything like that???

The odd thing it's basically a cell phone camera. A lot can do 4K. This can't.

The Spark, being 1/4th the size of a phantom, wil be much easier to fly around in tight spaces, through hallways and doors, and can be flown easily indoors, but the real question is why would you want to? For indoor drone racing check out www.tinywhoop.com, they are super fun and even smaller than a spark. Lower video quality but also fairly cheap to build.

I can tell you one example. I explore abandoned sites and the ability to get some high shots is nice. Very edge case. I mean an iPhone with a gimbal mount will take as good a video but if you need height then why not! :)

Something like this would be good if it had a 4K camera. Anything like that???
I haven't seen anything that small and durable with a 4K camera. A drone like that is mostly just for safely flying indoors for fun when the weather is not nice enough to fly outside. If you're looking to shoot high quality footage and you must fly indoors, then flying a Mavic/Phantom in tripod mode would probably be the way to go (since the Spark cannot shoot in 4K).

Reactions: Squirrel!
I guess, one can use Spark for indoor flying, I haven't tested yet, but I think you can.

Seems like DJI like to show the spark flying indoors a lot. How do they disable GPS so the thing doesn't suddenly get a lock on and go crazy indoors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4