Is DJI Promoting Flying Over Fires?

I think you're reading too much into it. It would no more encourage people to overfly fires as it would encourage them to grow crops. It merely suggests a range of possible uses.
Good point. It also implicitly encourages starting fires, so you can study how they spread! :p:eek:

There's an opportunity for someone that likes Chinese food and whatever staff discount DJI offer .....
English Copyrighter
Job Requirements

• Native English speaker.
• 4+ years of copywriting experience at a top agency, international company, or major publication.
• Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, journalism, communications, or other similar field.
• Strong understanding of editing techniques and experience adhering to corporate style guides.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Based in Shenzhen.
DJI | Culture

Lots of other jobs in other locations too.
DJI | Culture
You had me at "likes Chinese food", until I read "Based in Shenzen.":D

I think I've made my point. You can now lock the thread. :cool:
Ppl like you are the reason why this hobby going down the hill. If you want to argue on something productive and make a point i would suggest you start reading the string theory by Steven hawking and try to counter argue on every statement he made.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
There are people who's job is to perform controlled burns to prevent wildfires. I would suspect this would be a good tool for them as well.

Ppl like you are the reason why this hobby going down the hill. If you want to argue on something productive and make a point i would suggest you start reading the string theory by Steven hawking and try to counter argue on every statement he made.
Really?:rolleyes: What did I do, other than point out the DJI's copywriter of the global email wasn't helping our cause, despite several poster's defense of how they meant well. Did you even read the entire thread?:rolleyes:

There are people who's job is to perform controlled burns to prevent wildfires. I would suspect this would be a good tool for them as well.
No question. But this thread is not about the usefulness of the tool, but the poor way it was promoted to all DJI drone owners as a way to more efficiently fly over and understand the spread of fires, as merely flying our own drones over the fires would be less efficient. They fired the guy, as they should have, and are now looking for a copywriter to replace him.

I think you're really missing the boat here. This camera will not fit on a P3. It's likely going to cost someone $6k+ to even get a setup that can use it. Kids can think what they want, but they won't be flying with it.
My local DJI dealer had Phantom all ready outfitted these cameras at Thanksgiving. He had the literature, and the actual Phantoms there. I considered 1 until I saw the price of over $3000. I said Ill pass.
And another thing was weird, it looked like the same controller but with a skin on i

Last edited:
Exactly! Morons are the very ones flying over the fires. DJI's inarticulate PR statement is implicitly endorsing flying over fires "to understand the spread of fires" with any of their drones, but this new camera rig is the one with which to do it most efficiently! Morons don't care about efficiency. They will now do it with the only drone they have!

You shouldn't have to "understand" the context of a well written PR piece, or have to "know" what the ad "meant" to say, but didn't, when the FAA and the media are already up in arms over any drone flying over fires. They don't make any distinction between drones flown by hobbyists and drones flown by the firefighters themselves. All drones are BAD! :rolleyes:
I felt a little bothered when DJI has a video of someone flying a P3 inside of a church loaded with people during a wedding.. (misleading to the Noob)o_O

My local DJI dealer had P3s all ready outfitted these cameras at Thanksgiving. He had the literature, and the actual P3s there. I considered 1 until I saw the price of over $3000. I said Ill pass.
And another thing was weird, it looked like the same controller but with a skin on it
Look again .. DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
The Zenmuse XT is made to fit the Inspire just like the X5.
There's no way to bolt on to the Phantom.

I did not say DJI did it. I did say that this dealer had Phantoms not Inspires outfitted with thermal imaging cameras. Next time I go by there, Ill give you a pic so you dont think its martians again.
And YES it was a Phantom with this type of camera. I thought of purchasing 1 for construction as I had a portable 1 for heat loss around windows

Last edited:
Look again .. DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
The Zenmuse XT is made to fit the Inspire just like the X5.
There's no way to bolt on to the Phantom.
Well OMG, Meta,........... Darn Martians again selling it for $2999

Thermal.jpg

Last edited:
Well OMG, Meta,........... Darn Martians again selling it for $2999
This is a pic from their site that looks like an older Phantom. They also had a P3 when I went there.
**Crickets***
Most of us are a little more precise with our use of the English language.
When the thread is about the announcement of the Zenmuse XT and someone responds:
My local DJI dealer had P3s all ready outfitted these cameras at Thanksgiving. He had the literature, and the actual P3s there.
... most readers would think you were saying you had seen the Zenmuse XT on a P3.

Most of us are a little more precise with our use of the English language.
When the thread is about the announcement of the Zenmuse XT and someone responds:
....and some of us are on portable devices that spellcheck and tend to use shorthand sometimes.

... most readers would think you were saying you had seen the Zenmuse XT on a P3.
....and right off of the article, and I quote.... "As far as the thermal camera goes, the Zenmuse XT doesn’t do anything that a Flir Vue pro cannot" SO its not like they are worlds apart.
I wouldnt be posting if every comment I make, you try to find a correction.

You're the only one who thinks so.

To be honest, I can see his point of view, especially if one is in a wild fire area. Their life experience could lead them to interpret that they can fly over fires.

Not what they meant, but remember, almost half the world is below average intelligence.

Morons own DJI drones, too! We call them stupid, boneheaded, and idiots, but they still own and buy DJI drones, and get the rest of us in trouble! This was simply an irresponsible PR piece written by a moron copywriter at DJI! Admit it! :rolleyes:
Yep, and you can't fix stupid. It doesn't take ad copy to influence stupidity, it just happens.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj