Is DJI done with GoPro?

From what I know DJi and GoPro have parted company - think it had something to do with GoPro getting into the drone business (no definitive time table on that however either).

I would imagine those with GoPro fitted gimbals now - DJI will support for some time. Doubtful you will ever see new Phantom models with anything GoPro related however.

Reactions: QuadBart
Do y'all think DJI will continue to support GoPro fitted gimbals in the future with newer Phantom models?
-Michael
Nope. Not a chance. GoPro has their own drone. It would sorta be like Microsoft supporting PS4 controllers on the Xbox One don't ya think?

Sad. But it is what it is.

Why do you think GoPro named their drone "KARMA" ?

It's a big[emoji867]to DJI.

DJI are the ones that said no Colin was working on setting up with GP and DJI chose to go another way shortly after Colin got dumped .
Love my GP's but no one can touch DJI's quad copter yet they set the bar real high .

Morgan Stanley almost tanked GoPro in Oct. with there smack on the GoPro H4.

Now the CEO is in poop about duping shareholders and is being sued.

Typical when bad news causes stock prices to fall. Fitbit just got sued too. These types of lawsuits never result in any money loss.

Maybe you should goggle the real reason why GoPro is being sued and it isn't for "duping shareholders" as you put it.

From what I read, dji and GoPro almost had a partnership, but dji would have gotten a smaller percentage of the $$$. So dji proved they could do it without GoPro.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

It would sorta be like Microsoft supporting PS4 controllers on the Xbox One don't ya think?

Sad. But it is what it is.
Oculus Rift is shipping with an Xbox One controller, even though Microsoft will be selling their own VR HMD.

Maybe you should goggle the real reason why GoPro is being sued and it isn't for "duping shareholders" as you put it.

Yes it was/is the reason. You do your google foo then come back.

I don't rember the date but the lawsuit was filed in Jan. in Federal court in California for misleading, or "duping shareholders" about sales, Hero 4 sales, I believe.

Maybe you are referencing old news about the Polaroid suit in Nov. of last year.

Why do you think GoPro named their drone "KARMA" ?

It's a big[emoji867]to DJI.

Because its catchy. Because its a popular word. Because its easy to pronounce. Because lots of people think they know what it means.

Because its catchy. Because its a popular word. Because its easy to pronounce. Because lots of people think they know what it means.

Do a little research on GoPro and DJI's past business relationship. Then, google the definition of Karma if you don't know what it means.

Same here.

And I know about the DJI-GoPro battles. Frankly, I kinda side with DJI (much as I hate to, them being a Chinese company and GoPro being a US company). A drone can fly without a camera. The camera can't fly without a drone. GoPro was stupid to demand 2/3 of the profits of a joint venture when DJI is bringing more than half the technology to the table.

In any event, tis gonna get interesting. This is the competition DJI didn't want but we all need. GoPro has a MASSIVE distribution chain. DJI does not. Gonna get interesting indeed.

From the latest video released by GoPro, the Karma is going to be more of a Lily than a Phantom.

From the latest video released by GoPro, the Karma is going to be more of a Lily than a Phantom.
Haven't really looked at the Karma. But it doesn't surprise me much given we live in a world where half the population carries selfie sticks.

Reactions: 0DRK3RT

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31