Is Apple Buying DJI?

I'll be the first to comment. I don't think so. I have intern with Apple and I know the mentality. If you think about they already owned the Parrot and it's not doing so good.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was wondering the same thing the other day but that ship might have sailed as a 10 billion evaluation on a company that just had a rough roll out is a big dice roll.

This would be the ultimate dream, drone company quality controlled by apple, better products and service would be made available.

Reactions: Jussaguy
This would be the ultimate dream, drone company quality controlled by apple, better products and service would be made available.

Agreed. There is no way apple won't be involved in the drone revolution.

When Spotify showed up, I said Apple should buy them right now for 5 billion dollars and that would have looked foolish but it would have been a wise decision.

Problem right now is DJI is valued at 10 billion dollars.

Here is the problem with DJI.

On the landing gear, one of the clips I noticed on my new bird is loose. Probably a 3 cent piece. Send it in! They tell me. I said no. They can't and won't send me a tiny piece of plastic.

Furthermore the girl had no idea what I meant when I said "where the antenna is" she kept talking about the RC. So for fun, and so of rudely but I was being kind I started to ask her questions that a novice flier would know when she didn't know the antenna was in the landing gear.

I asked her what are the 2 ghz that a p4 might operate on. Didn't know. What channels on the ISM range (practically giving her the answer) didn't even understand the question.

THEN THE coup de gra! I asked her "where can I find the MC settings in the Go App". "Sir the settings for the go app are at the main page, hit me and hit the thing that looks like a gear".

I said "no, I want to know where the MC settings are" and I'm feeling angry that this is what they are calling TECH SUPPORT and I waited a half hour for this.

"No mam, not the app settings, the MC settings". She said "I just told you where the app settings are".

Then I stopped and said to her "listen, this isn't your fault. You were hired for a job that you should have or at least be trained for. The questions I'm asking you should be able to be answered by anyone that flies one of your products and you didn't know the answers to these very simple questions. I feel bad for you as you are put in a position but please drop in the suggestion box that DJI trains you guys before they give you the moniker of support technician. Have a nice day mam".

COULD NOT BELIEVE IT.

I have had some great service from their customer service for the record but this must be a product of their too rapid growth. I mean I am not embellishing, this was the conversation.

So tonight I will Shenzhen and they will send me the piece I need.

Reactions: peterepeat69
I hope so but doubt it. All my apple products have been retired due to obsolescence, not unexpected failure during the expected service life.

I suspect apple would buy one of the less established DJI competitors (if they didnt start from scratch).

Reactions: Jussaguy
I hope so but doubt it. All my apple products have been retired due to obsolescence, not unexpected failure during the expected service life.

I suspect apple would buy one of the less established DJI competitors (if they didnt start from scratch).
Agreed. Only way Apple buys DJI is if they fail so bad that their eval tumbles to 3-4 bill. No way they roll the dice anywhere near 10 bill which is actually lower than what they are now.

The P4 is the biggest commercial success of any UAS in history (however short that history is) and that's just in a few months.

Agreed. There is no way apple won't be involved in the drone revolution.

When Spotify showed up, I said Apple should buy them right now for 5 billion dollars and that would have looked foolish but it would have been a wise decision.

Problem right now is DJI is valued at 10 billion dollars.

Here is the problem with DJI.

On the landing gear, one of the clips I noticed on my new bird is loose. Probably a 3 cent piece. Send it in! They tell me. I said no. They can't and won't send me a tiny piece of plastic.

Furthermore the girl had no idea what I meant when I said "where the antenna is" she kept talking about the RC. So for fun, and so of rudely but I was being kind I started to ask her questions that a novice flier would know when she didn't know the antenna was in the landing gear.

I asked her what are the 2 ghz that a p4 might operate on. Didn't know. What channels on the ISM range (practically giving her the answer) didn't even understand the question.

THEN THE coup de gra! I asked her "where can I find the MC settings in the Go App". "Sir the settings for the go app are at the main page, hit me and hit the thing that looks like a gear".

I said "no, I want to know where the MC settings are" and I'm feeling angry that this is what they are calling TECH SUPPORT and I waited a half hour for this.

"No mam, not the app settings, the MC settings". She said "I just told you where the app settings are".

Then I stopped and said to her "listen, this isn't your fault. You were hired for a job that you should have or at least be trained for. The questions I'm asking you should be able to be answered by anyone that flies one of your products and you didn't know the answers to these very simple questions. I feel bad for you as you are put in a position but please drop in the suggestion box that DJI trains you guys before they give you the moniker of support technician. Have a nice day mam".

COULD NOT BELIEVE IT.

And if this was apple on the phone, you would get brilliant service, would love to see the acquisition, your right prob difficult because dji are doubling their turnover every year, poised for 50 billion turn over in 10 years. Amazing

So tonight I will Shenzhen and they will send me the piece I need.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Service will be better no doubt about it. But say good bye to open source. Because Apple will quickly make the Phantom their own and no one will not make third party apps anymore.

Service will be better no doubt about it. But say good bye to open source. Because Apple will quickly make the Phantom their own and no one will not make third party apps anymore.

Well it's hardly open sourced as it is, apple will probably make their own app like litchi, which to me is ok, better service by far outways open source anyway. My opinion.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31