Is anyone successfully using a Galaxy s7?

Reaction score
I've heard lots of mixed reviews about the s7 compatibility and performance. Already assuming I have changed to MTP mode, what can i expect? (other than a small screen) I'm doing my best to not break down and buy an iPad right off the bat. Also, has anyone had much luck with some of the newer budget Android tablets? 3 days and counting until i recieve my p3p! :)

Last edited:
Verizon Ellipsis 10 - Wi-Fi + 4G - Verizon - 16 GB - 10.1"

I paid $100, it works great.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Appreciate it! One thing I've noticed skimming the forums is that some tablets work great until the firmware is updated. Just hard to believe that a 3 year old ipad can consistently outperform current top of the line android devices. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and purchase an iPad mini 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try Nvidia shield, have had no problems at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am using Galaxy S7 for four months without any problem.The phone doesn't even get hot.No lag at all.I also used an ipad mini 3 but it was becoming boiling hot during the flight.

Same here I used to use a Galaxy S5 and now the S7 edge. No problems of any description with either of them. Super smooth and a bright screen. Never gets warm.

Reactions: Rance
S7 exynos ( international version ) here and its super smooth.

The u.s version of s7 uses a different processor ( sd820 )

I've heard lots of mixed reviews about the s7 compatibility and performance. Already assuming I have changed to MTP mode, what can i expect? (other than a small screen) I'm doing my best to not break down and buy an iPad right off the bat. Also, has anyone had much luck with some of the newer budget Android tablets? 3 days and counting until i recieve my p3p! :)
I have been using a galaxy s7 with my p3a for about 20 flights and no problems. Make sure you calibrate your phone compass and fly in airplane mode.

Reactions: Rance
Used my S7 with zero issues .perfect actually just as good as iPad and I fly with everything on..actually text while flying and talked on the phone but wouldn't recommend it..

Used my S7 with zero issues .perfect actually just as good as iPad and I fly with everything on..actually text while flying and talked on the phone but wouldn't recommend it..

Haha, thats what i like to hear! My p3p i just sitting at the post office (Sunday). The suspense is killing me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic