Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

is anyone replace cell of phantom 3 battery

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by erkark, Jul 22, 2016.

1. erkark

hello

i just got phantom 3 pro last week with one batter, and i want to get x3 more time to play.
    the dji battery is really expensive.the clone battery i saw one on ebay that decoded and can update like dji, but don't have any information in form and don't know quality of cell.

so i came up with the idea when my battery life below 30-40%, i will replace all 4 cell with connectors and connect with 4 independent cell with x4 1s Turnigy.

i don't know any thing about lipo cell but i think i can learn from internet

but i don't know if the smart circuit lock with cell or the battery cells have different voltage than normal one.

only tread i found is phantom 2 one 6600mAh Stealth Battery Mod ... (27.5 minute flight times)

so i ask if any one has done it with phantom 3

2. robinb

The case is electronically welded together.
    You would have to smash the case to get out the cells.

3. dros1828

I've personally disassembled the smart batteries before to swap out good cells from a broken case.. It takes a lil time but you can do it..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. robinb

Well done.

i saw this video a while ago, looked disaster prone.

5. dros1828

As for using different cells it would be interesting to see how they work, I've done the mod you listed but with 2 lipos instead of one and that was for my p2v+ but I don't know if you can do that with the p3 battery .. But as for the cases there almost identical, the plug is offset a lil that's all

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app