is anybody using rechargble AA batteries in your remote?

I use Eneloops. They last for dozens and dozens of flights. I just recharge and replace monthly before they get low. I'm sure a good set of alkalines will last longer, but of course they don't recharge.

Seedler said:
Eneloop xxx do me about 40 flights between charges

Same for me, I just make a habit of charging every one to 2 months. I have 2 sets so my flying is never interrupted.

ElGuano said:
I use Eneloops. They last for dozens and dozens of flights. I just recharge and replace monthly before they get low. I'm sure a good set of alkalines will last longer, but of course they don't recharge.

+1 on Eneloops. Great cells for transmitters. Best part is they do not lose a significant amount of charge between uses since they have a very low self discharge.

Eneloops weren't available at best buy when i needed some so i just got the duracell rechargeables and they've been working great. I probably charge them too much but i just don't want my P2 to lose control. Maybe charge them every dozen flights.

Hi Guys, I use NiMh rechargeables in my remote controller and the controller beeps continuously when they need recharging. I have flown for another hour with the controller beeping. Have more batteries now.

Johnbig

I need to quit being lazy and tie my Phantom into my Spektrum transmitter.

I have ordered Turnigy Ni-ZN AA's from Hobby King . Ive checked the current and each cell is giving at least 1.6v compared to Ni-mah that give 1.2v each

I just noticed that B&H are providing rechargeable AA and a charger with their P2 kits. I get a long time out of the normal Duracell AA... hadn't really thought about it that much. Have recently started using Futabas with them and kinda like them - and they use rechargeable battery packs. The stock tx is what goes on the road with me, though. Nice and compact and fits my carry case easily.

kydan said:
I need to quit being lazy and tie my Phantom into my Spektrum transmitter.

I was going to do the same thing, but changed my mind, and here is why. My buddy (who also flies helicopters) uses his DX7S on his Blade 350QX, is constantly trying to remember which channel he assigned to the modes of his quad, and twice he put it in the dirt because a wrong switch choice. There are so many options with setting dual rates, CL,HL, etc., and it gets him in trouble, and when he goes to fly a helicopter, he has to re-think all over again. I learned to like the compact simple tx from DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1