Is a 10" tablet too big?

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere ..

I have an old Transformer Prime just laying around not being used, and I'm curious if anybody here is using a 10" monitor on their setup ... or if they are just too big and awkward. Most references to mounting solutions seem to be geared towards a 7" device.

Is a 7" better? They are so relatively inexpensive these days ...

For me, 10 inchers are too heavy and awkward. I'm fine with my iPad Mini's size, but it sure could use a brightness boost.

Might as well put it up on a tripod or use goggles, if you want a bigger view.

Sometimes I'll sit at my kitchen table with the ipad air connected and fly around my yard and the woods behind my house...definitely a fun thing to do, definitely enhanced by the larger screen...that said, for walking around outside, prob too big.

Maybe for driving around too? (see video below of my buddy flying while I drive the jeep)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDvavUjzvO4

I tried flying with a Nexus 10 for the first time this morning. It certainly is nice, and not really too heavy, although for the first time in a long time I didn't fly with my larger 9dBI directional antenna mounted. A plus for me is that the screenshots are 2560x1600 vs only 1280x720 on my phone. It is a bit easier to read the battery life number too (it's hard to read for me when it's red - today I was taking both batteries down to 8% after 20 flights each). I think a 7" tablet is closer to ideal though. Mine is too old (runs Android 2.3) so I'll just use the S3 or the Nexus 10.

Thanks for all the input, everybody.

I think I've decided that 10" is just too big anyway. I just hated to see the ol' Prime go to waste. I have an old Razr Maxx that I could dedicate to this, but after using my Note, I think the Razr would be too small.

Oh well - I guess I'm off to shop for a new tablet. haha

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl