Reaction score
I guess they beat AirDog to the punch.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yOCTgVqmeQ[/youtube]

KwadKopter said:
I guess they beat AirDog to the punch.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yOCTgVqmeQ[/youtube]

He's baaaack (Colin G)!

Well done sales pitch.

Like to see more wind tunnel footage though.

IIR, third person is very common and refers to point(s) of view outside the actors or characters.

Mmmm... 2 axis gimbal?... WTF?

Why use old technology? If you are pushing the boundaries at least give people something that already is tried and tested (3 axis).

2D gimbals are junk for serious filming - Think they should have gone 4 axis or maybe 5. Now THAT would be pushing the envelope.

While I'm at it.... Why does slippery Guinn extol the virtues of a 15 minute flight? Pretty much every commercial UAV will give you those flight times now.... or much longer?

Anyway - lets hope he doesn't have a fall out with 3DR and remembers to file his tax returns this time round or they will drop him quicker than a cell phone salesman or a reality TV contestant !!..... Oh wait a minute.

I'm still trying to figure out what the difference was between the IRIS+ and IRIS.. :lol:

But yeah.. I would've introduced another gimbal if 3DR wants to take a stab at DJI.

The Editor said:
Mmmm... 2 axis gimbal?... WTF?

Why use old technology? If you are pushing the boundaries at least give people something that already is tried and tested (3 axis).

2D gimbals are junk for serious filming - Think they should have gone 4 axis or maybe 5. Now THAT would be pushing the envelope.

While I'm at it.... Why does slippery Guinn extol the virtues of a 15 minute flight? Pretty much every commercial UAV will give you those flight times now.... or much longer?

Anyway - lets hope he doesn't have a fall out with 3DR and remembers to file his tax returns this time round or they will drop him quicker than a cell phone salesman or a reality TV contestant !!..... Oh wait a minute.

2D is acceptable for this job as the yaw axis is done by the drone. the 3D gimbal on a P2V+ only has a limited movement in yaw and it doesn't seem to travel too much either. all that axis on the gimbal seems to do is provide yaw damping to compensate for heavy pilot input, which to be fair, the phantom controller doesn't make easy to avoid. if you try it, it always self centres after a yaw movement. the other two axis hold the camera level and keep the tilt angle constant but not the yaw axis. if the iris has smooth yaw control built into the software it is just doing what the gimbal would. if the thing is being flown on a pre programmed flight path it won't care what orientation it is. meaning that the direction of travel isn't affected by which way the camera/drone is facing, just like course lock on the phantom. i agree a 3D gimbal could be slightly better as it would add the yaw damping, but maybe the iris doesn't have any great need for that so it wasn't worth the extra cost??

I've been waiting for Colin to have an impact over there... :D

And here it is...

If you outfit it realistically, you're in the same price neighborhood as the Walkera Tali. With no FPV. A lot of nice capabilities, though... :)

I guess it's marketing done right by Collins.

The IRIS+ via Stacksocial is on "sale" for $749 and doesn't include the Tarot gimbal.

Funny thing is.. that's how much it costs regularly (just checked official site) and people are freaking out over buying it. :lol:

But the point is that Stacksocial is a pretty viral place, so I'm sure it's like advertising to get the 3DR name out there.

Not that I'm jelly or anything. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20