Ireland in July of 2015

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to be spending 3 weeks in Ireland starting in Mid July. I would like to bring the Phantom. My interests are in shooting rural and coastal video and of course some historically interesting sites. Here in the states I make sure that I stay away from people as best as possible and, if trying to shoot national park sites, I don't enter the park airspace. I would love to hear any advice about flying in Ireland. If you have favorite sites that are similar to my interests, I would appreciate hearing about where they are.

Hey Jeff,
Rhe rules are similar here as to the UK,
No urban flying, over groups of people or airports, the usual. After that you should be good to go. The policing of drones is just being handed over to the Irish police so they are going to be getting a little more involved but it's yet to be seen to what extent. Plenty of coastline sites, some beautiful old castles. Hopefully you get some good weather while you are here as that's our downfall, unreliable in the summer.
after that have a great holiday while here.

Hey Jeff,
Rhe rules are similar here as to the UK,
No urban flying, over groups of people or airports, the usual. After that you should be good to go. The policing of drones is just being handed over to the Irish police so they are going to be getting a little more involved but it's yet to be seen to what extent. Plenty of coastline sites, some beautiful old castles. Hopefully you get some good weather while you are here as that's our downfall, unreliable in the summer.
after that have a great holiday while here.
Thank you brother. Clear skies and great flying conditions to you.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj