iRec / SHOU Now Available! (screen recording for iPhone and

Re: iRec Now Available! (screen recording for iPhone and iPa

FantomPhlyer said:
Yep, Shou is pretty nice app. Just got it working here too. But I do get the black screen when starting... However, somewhere along the video i do something that activates the fpv video. I will go back and see what it is that I did.

What is the tablet's orientation when using Shou? I tried it and the video is upside down on playback. If I turn the tablet where the home button is on the left I get a good recording. Also, if possible, how do you delete the recordings in the Recordings folder in Shou?

Well, duh. I found a tutorial on YT for iRec deleting recordings. In "Recordings" swipe left the file you want to delete, a delete button will pop up on the right of the screen, tap it and the video is gone

I just decided to use Shou. It allows you to send the capture to the Camera Roll whereas IRec doesn't work for me. I'll just put the Home button on the left side of the camera mount. Works for me

rexster314 said:
FantomPhlyer said:
Yep, Shou is pretty nice app. Just got it working here too. But I do get the black screen when starting... However, somewhere along the video i do something that activates the fpv video. I will go back and see what it is that I did.

What is the tablet's orientation when using Shou? I tried it and the video is upside down on playback. If I turn the tablet where the home button is on the left I get a good recording. Also, if possible, how do you delete the recordings in the Recordings folder in Shou?

There is settings in Shou that allow you to choose the orientation that you plan on using. Just hit the blue "i" next to "Start Recording" and you will see the option. Seems to work well for me. Although I have noticed that the .MP4 format has green sections in it when using Sony Vegas Pro 12. Going to try and use the .MOV format and see what happens.

The broadcasting actually works fairly decent, too. However I have noticed it to be a little buggy at times. You just have to play around with it to get it working. BTW, I'm on iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

my iOS version is now 8.1.2
can someone confirm SHOU is working with this latest iOS version?

thanks

slothead said:
happydays said:
@slothead - Tom, did you ever get Reflector to work on your mac?
nope, and their customer service said that both devices had to be on the same wifi net.

Tom, I just nipped home from work to test this - it does work. Here's what I do.

Fire up the TX, Extender and Phantom as normal. Connect the phone to the phantom wifi. Wait until you have >6 sats and are ready to take off as normal.

Next, on your Mac, hook up the wifi to the Phantom. This won't affect the flying one bit.

Next, close the DJI app on your phone, and swipe up from the bottom. In AirPlay, select your Mac. Select the slider to Mirror and tap Done. Reconnect to the DJI app on the phone.

The phone image will pop up on your mac. I like to use the following settings; Uncheck 'show frame'; Force Landscape; Enter Full Screen.

To start recording, it's CMD R and the same again to stop. It will ask you where the recordings are to be saved at the end so you can choose where you want the file to be saved.

You can now take off and film away as normal. There is no affect on flying the Phantom.

I was going to make a small clip on the scenario, but it has just started raining here and I'm off shortly to the staff Christmas party!

I hope this helps you.

Can Shou be setup not to require sign In? Presently I have Shou setup using my Google sign in user ID/password. I'm using an IPAD Mini that uses wifi only. I' have used Shou where I have wifi but without wifi I am unable to sign on.

Thanks. Over the past 6 months been using irec. It's worked but I not been able to save anything to camera roll. Does anyone know if irec has been recently upgraded? Even if it has been upgraded Shou appears to be cleaner and with a better quality video.

SHOU works for me.....only thing is I can't get the orientation correct. I can view it on my laptop after moving it from my iPhone to my laptop. If I try and change the orientation, it trims off the sides.

I will keep working on it because it does record my screen and I want to put my flight data in my videos.

I had to fool with Shou for a day or so, finally saw a video on Youtube on how to change the settings in Shou. Tap the blue i icon to the right of Start Recording. You will get a screen that looks like this

2014-12-20%2022.11.48.png

Tap Orientation and you get a screen like this. Choose your screen orientation and you're good to go

2014-12-20%2022.11.28.png

You folks apart a 2 sec lag with shou and vision plus fpv?

Can you overlay onto the original video with Shou and if so how?

JDNC said:
Can you overlay onto the original video with Shou and if so how?

Yes, you can. I do my overlays in Sony Vegas Pro 12. I am working on a pretty slick template that all you have to do is drag your Vision video in and your iRec/Shou video/audio into the corresponding tracks and it does the overlay for you. I also have one for the people that just come up with the black video, because the telemetry data can still be used to overlay onto the original Vision video.

If anyone is interested in my Sony Vegas Pro 12 .veg template, let me know. I could also make a video on how to import into the template tracks and all that good stuff.

Jpooner808 said:
You folks apart a 2 sec lag with shou and vision plus fpv?

Not with Shou have I noticed the lag you speak of. With iRec however, there was a lag that was a major PITA to sync up. It was almost as if the FPS varied through the video. I could find a sync point at the beginning, as well as the end, but the middle was out. Couldnt figure it out for the life of me.

I think the overlay is cool. Thanks, so I need a video editor that will allow this? Sorry, old and slow here.

Does anybody know if there Is any way of getting irec or shou working on the moverios

has anyone had issues with Shou for iPhone. I had it and updated my IOS to 8.1.2 and now it won't work

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20