iRec / SHOU Now Available! (screen recording for iPhone and

Re: iRec Now Available! (screen recording for iPhone and iPa

:? I was using this for several weeks until it just refused to open anymore.
I've given up on telemetry from the stock outfit for now.

I had not upgraded at the time. I tried to do so, hoping to avoid deleting the app and losing the video I had yet to move to the camera roll, but it did not help.
I deleted and have not re-installed, deleting the app meant losing the video, which was a bit of a last straw.

I find getting telemetry into the videos, interesting, but not worth the current hassle. Dashware is a no go, because their compression is ridiculously bad and their support is worse. I was editing the screen video from the DJI app as a stop gap, composting in the telemetry, which was working great if only a little cumbersome.

For the moment, it's just to big a PITA.

Surprisingly enough the store loaded on my new iPhone 6 Plus with ios8. I was able to install iRec but it gives me blank recordings.

yeah..doesnt work on the iphone 6. i can record but the screen is garbled.. also I noticed after I installed it, some of my apps started acting weird.. ended up completely wiping my phone and reinstalling ios8.

Broken for me. I can not download the answer is always the same at this point you can not download this application try again later. Iphone 5s IOS 8

Frostmann said:
Broken for me. I can not download the answer is always the same at this point you can not download this application try again later. Iphone 5s IOS 8
That's what I get on one of my iPads. I have it on one of them but can't get it on the other.

I tried to install the 3th Ipad and Iphone 4s but unsuccessfully

Using iPhone 5S and updated to IOS 8, Yesterday nothing worked. Had to delete both emu4ios and irec. Then I could not get either to load. Today, (via a note from Twitter) I was able to install both emu4ios/ireec by changing the date to September 15. (There was also a Twitter note about moving the date back 1 day. I tried that and for me it did not work.). With Irec loaded and Assistive Touch on I did a very quick test and all worked great with 1 exception. The video did not update to Camera Roll. The file is still on the irec app but didn't update to Camera Roll

I was able to load all three, my iPhone, IPad, Mini and IPad Air. BUT while adding it to my IPad I got the following message:

"Untrusted App developer. Do you trust the developer "iPhone Distribution: ADA Tech LLC to run apps on your Ipad? "
Trust/Don't Trust ". This is new. I did not get this message when loading the iPhone or the IPad Mini. Maybe this message was just added.

One other thing to think about and that's what does changing the date do? Are you messing up other unknown stuff?

Does it work on iOS 8?

Yes, for me as mentioned above 5S iPhone, IPad Mini Retina and IPad Air have been updated with IOS 8 and I have able to down load the emu4ios/Irec on all 3. But I have not been able save to to camera roll.

Eureka! (I think) I implemented the "back up one day" method and was able to load the store and the iRec app on two iPads! I tested both with the DJI app (but not while flying - maybe later today) and it worked perfectly. I didn't need to use the "back-up-1-day" method the first time I loaded the store/app, but then my iPad crashed and had to be restored but w/o the store/app.

P.S. One of these iPads was running iOS 8 and the other iOS 7.1.2

Update: As with Geert and Draettig, I can't get it to save to the camera roll either. That being the case, I see no way to export it for use in a post or other propagatable file.

Another update: So I was able to transfer the video to my camera roll using the iPad that was running 7.1.2 (but not the one that was running iOS 8). More significantly however, for the device running 7.1.2, if I turned it off (by holding the top button - whatever it's called - and swiping), both the store and the iRec were gone. They just crashed after the iPad was turned back on.

What do you guys think of the message I got? When I was loading my IPad Air as I mentioned above , when I was loading my IPad Air I got this message:

"Untrusted App developer. Do you trust the developer "iPhone Distribution: ADA Tech LLC to run apps on your Ipad? "
Trust/Don't Trust ". I

I didn't get it when I loaded my iPhone or IPad Mini. Did any of get this message?

Draettig said:
What do you guys think of the message I got? When I was loading my IPad Air as I mentioned above , when I was loading my IPad Air I got this message:

Trust/Don't Trust ". I

I didn't get it when I loaded my iPhone or IPad Mini. Did any of get this message?
I didn't get this on any of my devices, but maybe mine is not protected as well as yours! (!!!) :eek:

I don't fly with my IPAs Air. I fly with my IPad Mini Retina and it works great. Yesterday I bought a hood (http://www.hoodivision.com) for it. The Mini is way better than the iPhone but in sunlight it can still be hard to read. I have hopes that the hood will help.

As to using your Regular IPad how do you have it setup with your controller? If you discuss this in another area let me know where. Thanks.

Well I got to test the iRec this evening and I had the black screen problem (it recorded the administrative details - starting the DJI app, et al - but when it should have recorded the video with telemetry on top, it just recorded the telemetry. Is this what other posters meant as "black screen" (or whatever the exact term was)? So anyway, I'm back here looking for the name of the control that somebody mention multiple times.

Slothead, Are you turning 'Assistive Touch on'? Going back a bit I was only gettin Telemetry until I turned on 'Assistive Touch'.

OK, finally got irec to work on my iphone 6. What you have to do is select the "DISPLAY ZOOM" zoomed view in the display and brightness settings. it will then work.

I take my last comment back about irec working with the iphone 6. it works, however it breaks your imessage. do not install unless imessage is unimportant to you. also, it's not a simple deleting the app..you have to restore your iphone. you have been warned! :evil:

Yeah I have an ipad mini and an iphone 4s and even though the app will delete, the little icon is like a bad disease it stays with you for life :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl