Ipod touch help needed!

Reaction score
Wondered if someone could help!

I have an ipod touch, dji app installed and will connect as normal to phantom. Tilt works within camera app no problems BUT the camera screen is black s no picture but everything else ok! Tried change the preview is every setting but nothing has changed it remains blank!

Tested iphone connects and works normal with camera picture so not a hardware issue! :x :x :x

Wanted use the ipod as dedicated screen just for phanton vision plus!,,,

Just re installed everything and tried again! You can actually take pictures with the app with the black blank screen and when you look in the album its actually a proper picture! Driving me insane everything works but just not the picture/fpv!,,,,,

Latest firmware on the Phantom and latest version of the IOS app? DJI claimed to have fixed this issue with the latest software.

Have the latest version of the app but havent tried install the software and update only had it a few weeks! When u download the software do you do updates for the controller and the phantom or just the phantom itself?

upgraded phantom firmware and controller says it doesn't need updating, camera tilt and everything works in the battery / signal etc. but still have a blank screen!!!! ANY IDEAS ANYONE AAAARRRHHHHHH!!!!!!

I had the exact same problem with my iPhone 4S running ios 6 using the dji app with Ground Station (prior app version before GS worked flawlessly). Found that I needed to free up lots of RAM by closing all apps other than the dji app and reduce the preview quality to 320x240 15 fps and put the phone in airplane mode. Even then I get a black screen only showing telemetry, battery info and allows camera tilt. To get a picture I would have to swipe left to go into the Ground Station screen then swipe right to get back to the camera screen. Most of the time the camera would then show a picture. However most of the time the picture would only last a few minutes before going black again. Believe that the app is using more memory than the device has available. The android users had the same problem on the app version prior to the GS app version release. Their issue was corrected with the new app release. Hopefully they will release a new app version that will fix the lower memory apple product issue.

I ended up buying a Samsung galaxy Tab 4 - 7" tablet which worked flawlessly on the GS app version (all preview qualities) but doesn't work on highest preview quality 940x480 30 fps on the newest app which has the battery bar meter.

I had the exact same problem with my iPhone 4S running ios 6 using the dji app with Ground Station (prior app version before GS worked flawlessly). Found that I needed to free up lots of RAM by closing all apps other than the dji app and reduce the preview quality to 320x240 15 fps and put the phone in airplane mode. Even then I get a black screen only showing telemetry, battery info and allows camera tilt. To get a picture I would have to swipe left to go into the Ground Station screen then swipe right to get back to the camera screen. Most of the time the camera would then show a picture. However most of the time the picture would only last a few minutes before going black again. Believe that the app is using more memory than the device has available. The android users had the same problem on the app version prior to the GS app version release. Their issue was corrected with the new app release. Hopefully they will release a new app version that will fix the lower memory apple product issue.

I ended up buying a Samsung galaxy Tab 4 - 7" tablet which worked flawlessly on the GS app version (all preview qualities) but doesn't work on highest preview quality 940x480 30 fps on the newest app which has the battery bar meter.
I have a 4s which won't even load the app. Could be a lack of memory but I really need to know before I make up my mind what I need to do as I'm now waiting delivery of a DJI OZMO and did plan on using the 4s as my screen and really that's all my 4s will be used for as I'm not into phones, more into my photography and P3A. Perhaps like me it needs to be thrown as it's to old. lol ---May be I read Apple wrong when they said the 4s would still be supported.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20