iPhone - wifi - backup camera for car?

Reaction score
I have a DJI Phantom Vision 2+ that uses an iPhone for FPV, you probably all already know about this!

I am wondering if any of you DIY people can help me with an idea?

I use an iPhone 6 plus (large screen) for navigation, mounted to a clamp that sticks to the windshield in my car. I want a backup camera, possibly side cameras also. It would seem that there would be some kind of setup that could be made to work wifi like the PV2+ where I don't have to have a monitor stuck to my windshield along with the iPhone.

How could I get a camera, or two to interface with my iPhone in my car? I have seen some on eBay and Amazon, but it seems that these wireless cameras don't work all that well, and my car is a 21 foot long antique Cadillac Limousine. Iffy at best with the usual wireless backup cameras.

But if a FPV drone camera can have a range of a mile, it should work! There must be a way to find a 12v system, or modify a different voltage to work with the car. I have several other antique cars, so maybe I could mount cameras on several of them and then just use the iPhone on each one when driving it.

Attachments

• 1958 Limo 02.jpg
    1958 Limo 02.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 631
Can you just mount your Vision+ on the trunk lid with the camera facing rearward? You could secure it down with duck tape so it doesn't fall off as you drive down the road.

That way, you can use the DJI Vision app on your iPhone 6 when you back up!

Best part is, you can simply pull over to the side of the road, dismount your Vision+, and take it for a spin.

Like my gramps always said ..... "Easy peezy, lemon squeezy!" :p

TimmyG94 said:
Can you just mount your Vision+ on the trunk lid with the camera facing rearward? You could secure it down with duck tape so it doesn't fall off as you drive down the road.

That way, you can use the DJI Vision app on your iPhone 6 when you back up!

Best part is, you can simply pull over to the side of the road, dismount your Vision+, and take it for a spin.

Like my gramps always said ..... "Easy peezy, lemon squeezy!" :p

Right, Timmy, thank you for that relevant and well thought out reply.

robsquad said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dji-Fc40-Camera-/131391267219?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1e9787a193 ?
what bout one these ?
nice car !

Looks good, Thanks! Will give it a try. Thanks for the compliment about the car, actually I have several more and am hoping I can get a setup that would allow mounting a camera on each car and then using the iPhone 6 to control whichever car/camera I am using. The Dji Fc40 Camera looks like a good idea, may can find some with broken gimbals, but the camera still works.

From a low flying drone. DJI Phantom Vision 2 plus

Attachments

• P1050239 (Large).JPG
    P1050239 (Large).JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 572

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl