iPhone vs. Android for FPV App.

Reaction score
Having used both this week....the Android has it hands down. I'm now using a Samsung Note3. The bigger screen is nice, but I think what I like the most, is that with the iPhone, you have to tap the screen to get the settings on the screen. On the Droid..they stay there. There may be a purpose for doing that, but.....I don't see it. The Samsung is now a permanent part of my setup.

Just sayin...

Elginet said:
Having used both this week....the Android has it hands down. I'm now using a Samsung Note3. The bigger screen is nice, but I think what I like the most, is that with the iPhone, you have to tap the screen to get the settings on the screen. On the Droid..they stay there. There may be a purpose for doing that, but.....I don't see it. The Samsung is now a permanent part of my setup.

Just sayin...

The Android app has several problems. The iPhone app is better and more reliable hands down. From a screen size perspective you can just use an iPad Retina Mini for your FPV display. From a Phone perspective there is no arguing that android offers larger screen size devices. From an app point of view the iOS app is more reliable. I've used both so I can say this from experience.

With the iOS app, you can choose to either auto-hide the settings or leave them on the screen.

Personally, I want to see the flght-stats, all the time. I don't like having to tap the lens to get them up. The Droid had em there all the time. I've only used it two days flying now but had no issues whatsoever. What are the problems with the Droid?

iResq said:
Thanks Ben. Can you please elaborate on the Android issues?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The two Apps are basically identical in look and basic function. Though the android version of the app has video feed freeze issues. Half the time I use the Android app for flying at some point the video randomly freezes, regardless of my range or wifi signal. Usually going back then re-selecting camera resolves the problem till it happens again. On rarer occasion I need to exit the app and go back in.

The iPhone version of the app created a DJI Album within photo's where any program on my device can easily access the synched content from my P2V. The Android version of the DJI app, synched pictures and videos are inaccessible by any other program. I can only access synched P2V files by going into the DJI app directly. At least there are some sharing options within the DJI app itself such as Facebook sharing which help get around that problem to a limited extent. Both of these problems I've pointed out really need to be solved, with the video freeze issue being the most critical to fix.

Elginet said:
Having used both this week....the Android has it hands down.

<30 hrs later...>

Elginet said:
...I've only used it two days flying now but had no issues whatsoever.

You might want to give it more time than that before making a definitive-sounding thread.. :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl