iPhone video dragging behind real time

Reaction score
I just received the phantom vision and went up for a few flights. My problem is the video feed to my iPhone is dragging out of real time. In other words I can watch my flight on the phone after I have landed. It's dragging that far behind. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions??

On my iPhone 5 with the video set to 1080p 30fps narrow 90 degree view (no fisheye) and preview quality set to 320 30fps the live video feed comes out in real time for me. I also have all of the latest updates installed on my phantom. FYI I'm using iOS 6.0.2. I will soon try on my nexus 7

I am using my iPhone 4s with NO lag "latency" problems. I wonder if maybe you are watching the "transfer" to your iPhone? Since this is a high res. download, it is MUCH slower than the FPV feed.

You might also want to check the "preview quality as previously mentioned.
Hope this helps...

4s may cut it but my 4 was terrible. 30-40 seconds behind. My wifes 5 is superb and since yesterday I have a 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used mine with iPhone 5s and 1st gen ipad mini (preferred due to size).
The mini never lags either. It's based on A5 chip, the same as iPhone 4S.

BenDronePilot said:
On my iPhone 5 with the video set to 1080p 30fps narrow 90 degree view (no fisheye) and preview quality set to 320 30fps the live video feed comes out in real time for me. I also have all of the latest updates installed on my phantom. FYI I'm using iOS 6.0.2. I will soon try on my nexus 7

How do you change to the 90 degree FOV? do you recommend this for most shots? Is this available only for video?

Thanks. I am using iPhone 4. This hellicopter will create a phone upgrade. Not so bad. I will try my ipad mini in the meantime

Kwtuna said:
Thanks. I am using iPhone 4. This hellicopter will create a phone upgrade. Not so bad. I will try my ipad mini in the meantime

Some have solved the problem with a current iPod touch as well...

Kwtuna said:
I just received the phantom vision and went up for a few flights. My problem is the video feed to my iPhone is dragging out of real time. In other words I can watch my flight on the phone after I have landed. It's dragging that far behind. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions??

I tried with a 3GS... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the DJI iPhone app setting, lower the Preview Quality. That's what I did on my iPhone 4. Almost instant FPV now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj