iPhone screen dimming

Reaction score
Did a search for "dimming" but found nothing which is why I am posting.

I've noticed my iPhone 6+ screen will start to dim a little when using the DJI app. I have auto brightness set to off and brightness set to max.

Has anybody else with an iPhone experienced this?

Reactions: merophosis
Yes....I am experiencing the same thing and cannot figure out why it's happening. Couldn't see the display at all, but luckily I still had line of sight to the P3 and was able to get it back.

Games that push the GPU (geometry wars,etc) will cause the phone to get hot, causing the phone to try and save itself by turning down the brightness on the screen. Some apps have the same effect. As you might have guessed, the phone/DJI pilot app pulls quite a load from lightbridge transmissions, wifi and cell service. iPhone 6 and 6+ will dim the screen regardless if auto brightness is turned off. Put the phone in a cool place and within a few minutes you'll see the screen return back to full brightness.

It sucks using it out in the daylight. With the glare, even with a sunshade, it's nearly impossible to see.

Reactions: merophosis
So does the iPad2, 3, or Air do the same thing? If not, I'll be ordering one of those.

Games that push the GPU (geometry wars,etc) will cause the phone to get hot, causing the phone to try and save itself by turning down the brightness on the screen. Some apps have the same effect. As you might have guessed, the phone/DJI pilot app pulls quite a load from lightbridge transmissions, wifi and cell service. iPhone 6 and 6+ will dim the screen regardless if auto brightness is turned off. Put the phone in a cool place and within a few minutes you'll see the screen return back to full brightness.

It sucks using it out in the daylight. With the glare, even with a sunshade, it's nearly impossible to see.
So does the iPad2, 3, or Air do the same thing? If not, I'll be ordering one of those.

Loool don't buy an iPad 2 :D way too old :D

My iPhone 6+ did this yesterday too. But it was 104 degrees in the shade I was in!! Pulled out the Air 2 and no dimming occurred.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Did a search for "dimming" but found nothing which is why I am posting.

I've noticed my iPhone 6+ screen will start to dim a little when using the DJI app. I have auto brightness set to off and brightness set to max.

Has anybody else with an iPhone experienced this?

Same here, no clue what causes it :-(

Doesn't happen all the time either.

EDIT: Didn't read the other posts before posting this.

Thanks everyone, makes sense.

Good to hear I'm not the only one.

It's not all the time, only when it's bright and hot outside which makes sense.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl