iPhone/Ipad Software

CmB

Reaction score
Just thought i would make a post about the software i have on my iPhone/iPad that i use specifically for when i fly. I know this post is Apple orientated but i guess most of the non DJI software is available on other platforms.
Anyway, i use the following and i hope this list may help others:

1. DJI Vision software - fairly obvious what this one is.
2. V+ Booster (specifically for the vision+) - Boosts FPV range on the V+
3. Magnetic Storms - App by Andre Molina available on the app store. Shows Geomagnetic Index. Similar to http://www.multirotoruk.co.uk/solar-weather
4. Magnetology - Same as above but possibly created by a nutcase.
5. GPS Plan - App by Hiroaki Yamada available on app store (search for app using his name) - Lists the GPS satellites available in a given location over a period of time.

Most of the data is available on websites but i find the apps much easier to use and i think the satfinder website needs flash to work.
If anyone can think of any other apps that might help us all please post your recommendations.

swoff said:
What is "Elevation masking"...and what should it be set at?

Its basically masking from the horizon upwards so the app doesn't display the "lower" satellites. Its for if you have objects in the line of sight i.e. buildings, mountains etc. 15 Deg. is probably about right.
If you were in a desert or at sea then you would set it to zero :cool:

Compass HD

Wondered how it would be affected by car, Air conditioning compressor, concrete driveway, sidewalk to house, powerlines, fire hydrant and over the septic tank (concrete walls).

Compass reading was affected by car, concrete driveway & sidewalk, and AC compressor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj