iPhone FPV

Reaction score
Will this work.....vision 2 plus, iPhone 6S, Apple Lighting to HDMI digital adapter, and an HDMI cable (regular HDMI to micro), FatShark Dominator 2 or 3. With all of that will I be able to fly FPV?

With the vision plus normally you only need to connect to your phone or table wifi to do FPV, now you are talking FPV with goggles instead of onscreen right?

Yes, I always fly connected to my iPhone.....but now I want to fly with goggles. So because the FatShark goggles have an HDMI in port I'm hoping I can just send the signal from my iPhone to the goggles. Just trying to find out if anyone thinks this will work. I'm still waiting for a cable to try it.

Haha, my buddy did the same thing, kinda. P2V signals to his iPhone 5, lightning to HDMI connector, HDMI to composite connector, composite to FatShark goggles (no HDMI input on the model he has). Needs a rechargeable battery for the adapters, but it works. Next project is getting a "project box" and cleaning up the installation so there's fewer wires.

I've flown mine several times now and the only thing I'm still playing with is the resolution in the DJI app. It's not perfect but it's really pretty good. I flew a long way away from myself yesterday (with a spotter) and it worked fine. Any high speed run will cause image lock ups or drops for a few seconds. So this is not good for racing or anything much more than just flying around your club field for a different perspective.

I've flown mine several times now and the only thing I'm still playing with is the resolution in the DJI app. It's not perfect but it's really pretty good. I flew a long way away from myself yesterday (with a spotter) and it worked fine. Any high speed run will cause image lock ups or drops for a few seconds. So this is not good for racing or anything much more than just flying around your club field for a different perspective.

I just tried out the iPhone App DroneVR with my DJI Inspire 1 and a FreeFlyVR mount for my iPhone6+. This seems to me a much simpler setup for FPV which works in 720p and does even head-tracking.

I just downloaded that app and tomorrow I'll give it a try.
Did you not like the fatsharks?
I use some old Cinemizers that stream off my phone or tablet with cables. The image mirrors the phone with about .02 second delay from the Phantom.
image.jpeg

I use them only if I'm in direct sunlight and can't see my tablet.
The image on the Cinemizers is not immersive, which I've heard the fatsharks are. How would you rate them?

Reactions: dirkclod
My understanding is that this app will work with my Vision 2+. I really like the Fatshark's. I haven't owned them long enough to rate them, and I'm also new to FPV. The Dominator v2's seem very easy to use and the picture is very clear. Your set up is a little like mine and I've heard that the Cinemizers are the best there is.

Moparherb, did u need to buy a 5G8 receiver or a head tracker. I just bought fatshark Dom 3's and I'm not sure what else I need other than the googles.

jerseybiz.....no 5.8 receiver needed with my setup. If you are using an iPhone 5S or higher just get Apples "lighting to HDMI connector" and then get an HDMI cable with regular HDMI connector on one end and micro HDMI on the other. Plug everything in, start your app on the iPhone, then plug your battery in on the Fatshark's and there is your picture on the goggles. Beware of frame drops, this setup is NOT good for racing.

Hi I've just down loaded the DroneVR on my iPhone 4s and tried it out (indoors - (props removed of course) on my Phantom2 vision+ V3 using the cheapest VR googles off eBay (under £15.00 inc postage) and it works a treat. The head tracking works as well and is smooth and quick to respond from straight ahead to direct down. As soon as the weather get better I will be out there spotting the "Drone Hunters", see my posting re Drone Shooting etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.