iPhone dies in cold weather fast

Reaction score
Is anyone else having this problem you go out flying and your phone is fully charge then within minutes it dies.
Mine does example it's 24f here in Connecticut with 8 mph wind 15f wind chill factor phone is at 78 percent charge calibrated compass started recording took off 2 min in to flight phone dies try to turn it back one says to charge it it's a iphone6. now rth and I'm done got in the truck plug phone in turns on to 80 percent wtf

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Chemistry.

Seeing you are in New England... never heard of problems starting a car (crank-over) in cold temps?

Chemistry.

Seeing you are in New England... never heard of problems starting a car (crank-over) in cold temps?
Really thanks hmm my truck was out side all day and started with a old battery my phone is new with a full batt and dies instantly I don't think it's fully chemistry related my work phone didn't die thanks for the help

If your phone is less than a year old I would take it to the apple store, there might be something going on with your battery. I use a 6+ to fly and my phone will only be down to about 60% after 3 flights in 20-25 degree weather. I bought leather driving gloves to fly because my hands would get so cold and put thread protectors over my controller sticks to keep them from scratching my leather gloves. It works great. Also I do have a clear case on my phone, it is pretty slim but it probably does insulate the phone somewhat. I would imaging the aluminum of the phone would let the battery get cold pretty fast if it wasnt covered by something.

Also you could try turning off hardware decode in the DJI Go app

I'm using the vision app when I fly my p2v+

No worries.
Yes it's a life case nude version.
I'm baffled as my wife's phone does not do this or my work phone only this one weird

Really thanks hmm my truck was out side all day and started with a old battery my phone is new with a full batt and dies instantly I don't think it's fully chemistry related my work phone didn't die thanks for the help

The car battery comparison is a generic one which many people understand.
They are now formulated to increase performance... chemistry!

You are operating your iPhone at temps below its specification.
In those conditions you experienced reduced performance.
Raise the ambient temp. and performance improves.

Just picked this up and I am gonna give it a try this week.
Maybe I'll put some hand warmer packs in there. :D

IMG_1925.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Is anyone else having this problem you go out flying and your phone is fully charge then within minutes it dies.
Mine does example it's 24f here in Connecticut with 8 mph wind 15f wind chill factor phone is at 78 percent charge calibrated compass started recording took off 2 min in to flight phone dies try to turn it back one says to charge it it's a iphone6. now rth and I'm done got in the truck plug phone in turns on to 80 percent wtf

Use to have the same problem. My iPhone 6S plus would always die in cold weather, but I found a fix. I bought an Anker portable charger. Plug your iPhone into it as soon as you get outside, and it will never die again. Even at 0°!

Apple died when Jobs died. Much better products on the market. Suggest you all do a little research.

I had the same issue. You need to take it to Apple. They will diagnose and hopefully confirm it is bad. I got a new phone for $79US. They are now replacing batteries for $29US because of the slowdown fiasco.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik