Iphone 6s set up

Reaction score
All,
I'm new to the Phantom 3 so please excuse my basic questions. I recently purchased a P3 advanced and am just now getting around to trying to get it set up and running. I have an iphone 6s and just downloaded the DJI GO app. First question: with the device holder on the remote, am I only able to hold my iphone vertically? I would really like to have it set horizontally to take advantage of the wide view. Second question: am I missing a cable or do I just take my 6s charging cable and use that as the link between the controller and the phone? Finally, is the link between the controller and the phone needed to pick up the WiFi signal? I just ask because as I'm sitting here (w/out my cable) I'm trying to get my iphone to find the P3 WiFi signal and I'm coming up empty. Thanks for any advice.

You can mount your iPhone like this (flip down the two tabs on the sides):

DJI-Phantom-3-39.jpg

The P3A does not use Wi-Fi to connect the mobile device (iPhone in your case) to the remote controller. You'll need a lightening cable. The cable that comes with your iPhone is a bit long, so I suggest you pick up the Cambond Lightning cable.

Last edited:
I use a longer cable and shorten in by taking the cable and tying a knot about 2in around and then keep looping the wire to make it shorter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl