iPhone 6 - which one to go for?

I'm waiting for my 6 Plus to be shipped. Order a couple days ago online through ATT. Delivery is anticipated in mid November.

The trick to ordering an iphone and getting it on release day is to use the apple store app on your existing ios device. Wake up at 3:00am est and order it. If they have issues it reserves one for you then they send you an email within 24 hours to complete the transaction. I ordered 3 and all are delivering tomorrow.

Update! Those dicks at the Carphone Warehouse messed up my order so no delivery - I cancelled the order. Today (launch day) I called into the local O2 shop on spec to see if they had any 6 Plusses. However they're not due until the end of October. They had one in the shop to see, and when I compared it to the 6 it was huge. A bit like an iPad mini. It also felt huge in the hand compared to the 5.

So I bought the 64Gb 6 and I can see the satellites and all the other info on the right top corner. Woo hoo! Hope I don't regret the purchase.

I was gonna go to my Apple store last night, but I had to drop sibling off to school so that plan was cancelled.

Looks like I'm gonna have to bring my lawn chair out for after 8AM line up. :cry:

Wish me luck!!

i have an iphone coming on the fedex truck in about 10 minutes or so... i went with the 4.7 inch.. i do NOT want something almost as big as an ipad mini. especially up to my ear... Phablets are really stupid IMO.
I want a good sized phone, about the galaxy s4, which im replacing...
thats enough for me

UrAwFuL said:
I was gonna go to my Apple store last night, but I had to drop sibling off to school so that plan was cancelled.

Looks like I'm gonna have to bring my lawn chair out for after 8AM line up. :cry:

Wish me luck!!

Good luck! BTW, they feel lovely in the hand. Only thing I don't like is that the camera lens sticks out a wee bit at the back. I use mine as a temporary calculator at work the odd time and it rocks a bit when doing this.

MY IPHONE 6 PLUS JUST ARRIVED!!! Sorry i couldnt contain the complete nerd in me! Let me tell you this thing is beautiful. Yes it is big but not overwhelming. I can t wait to use for FPV! Get the 6+! unless u have little hands it wont be a problem.

im setting up my wifes ipad mini for FPV... but the fedex driver just drove by.. its on another truck.. DAMMIT haha.
ill be putting mine in a case anyway, so i dont really care that the camera is a bit raised.
the value that these hold is worth getting a case. ive sold every iphone ive owned after the 2 year contract for 300-600 bucks each.. its worth the case.

i just got mine. 64gb gold 6, Not the plus. and it is GLORIOUS.. i cant tell you how happy i am to be back on an iphone.. i had to buy it outright because i was in contract.. worth every penny...

I was out of luck today, lol.

Waited around 3-4 hours in line only for them to tell me that they ran out of the iPhone 6 Plus and just come back tomorrow.

Like forreals.. tomorrow? I'm pretty sure they have stock, yet they wouldn't honor the people who waited in line FOREVER.

A little off topic , I upgraded to iOS 8 the other day. Only thing I can say is Apple screwed up eliminating the camera roll !
What a pita going through collections to find certain photos. I don't care about years and locations , memories ! I just want one spot to scroll through , a camera roll !

Just picked up my 6+.

Wow, this phone is massive. :lol:

It really is meant to be used with two hands. :lol:

Geert said:
smaugnaut said:
MY IPHONE 6 PLUS JUST ARRIVED!!! Sorry i couldnt contain the complete nerd in me! Let me tell you this thing is beautiful. Yes it is big but not overwhelming. I can t wait to use for FPV! Get the 6+! unless u have little hands it wont be a problem.

I also do want to use the 6+ for FPV.
We are waiting for your first experience ....

:lol:

Geert./.

I used my 6+ yesterday morning and worked flawlessly. The bigger screen was just awesome, i could truly see everything my phantom was seeing. The app fit to the screen perfect and the bigger numbers were a welcome sight. The stock FPV holder had no problems clamping down on it with room to spare.

As for a phone, this thing is really massive compared to the 5s. Ive been carrying around the 6+ since friday morning and picked up my old 5s this morning for comparison and it seems freakin tiny. I feel like i could throw it to the moon lol.

BAD NEWS FOR ME. I have a dead pixel on the lower portion of my 6+. I suggest you all scan over your phones closely. Gonna take me a week to get an appt at the "Genius Bar". Hopefully they will replace it and hopefully they will have replacements. :/ what a pita!!

smaugnaut said:
BAD NEWS FOR ME. I have a dead pixel on the lower portion of my 6+. I suggest you all scan over your phones closely. Gonna take me a week to get an appt at the "Genius Bar". Hopefully they will replace it and hopefully they will have replacements. :/ what a pita!!

Well they replaced the phone. No questions asked. Just glad they put me right up in front of the madness!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic