iPhone 6 - which one to go for?

Reaction score
With the imminent release of the iPhone 6 (rumoured to be on 9 September) there is a new dilemma. Go for the 4.7" large screen one or wait a while and get even larger 5.5" screen? Dodgy eyes and all that. I currently use a mix of iPhone and iPad. iPhone is very handy, but a pain to read without taking the specs off and getting up close - the iPad is quite heavy but easier to see the screen.

I always get an upgrade every two years and am due to replace my 5 with a 6 - but which one? And how long will the wait for the bigger one be?

Answers on a postcard please...

I think you are being premature !

The larger one is possibly on a later release date (?)

I would love to upgrade my iPhone 5 to a 6 but lets see what features it has first.

Also the americans will get first refusal on them probably.

if they don't have one the same size as the galaxy 5 i will be switching to galaxy

I'm due for an upgrade myself, lol. Been using an iPhone 5 for nearly two years now and the battery dies on me at 20%-ish. :lol:

I'm not really sure what I want either.. bigger screen seems heavier and bulky to me. I have no problems reading things from my phone though. :lol:

o8x9ur.gif

Imagine having a bigger phone? :shock:

We'll see after the announcement! I'm a die-hard Apple fan (mainly because my iPhone unlimited is still grandfathered and handoff seems like a nice feature to have).

myrick said:
robinb said:
myrick said:
if they don't have one the same size as the galaxy 5 i will be switching to galaxy

Size is NOT everything. !

it is when your getting old and eyes don't work as well as they once did

Yep. I reckon you can tell a person's age by when they start wearing glasses to read. 45 I think!

Yea I dunno..I have the iPhone 5 and consider myself to have fairly good eyes for 45. Starting to use 7' nexus v2 when flying and it is a vast improvement. Bigger the better without being too obtrusive seems the happy medium. Everyone's different.

I put a 7" kindle fire HD on but that was awful, it was like a great mirror and could not see the display as well as the iPhone.

The other thing was the weight of it on the TX.

Peering over ones glasses perched on end of nose, does work :)

Hmmm dilemma.

Now that they have been announced I'd really like a Plus with the 5.5" screen Old eyes and all that. But there isn't a 32Gb option...

Going from an iPhone 5 would the larger screen be worth it? Has anyone with Android devices got a direct comparison between both screen sizes?

At this point I don't know whether to buy the 64GB 6 or the 16Gb 6Plus. I can't be the only one thinking this today.

happydays said:
Hmmm dilemma.

Now that they have been announced I'd really like a Plus with the 5.5" screen Old eyes and all that. But there isn't a 32Gb option...

Going from an iPhone 5 would the larger screen be worth it? Has anyone with Android devices got a direct comparison between both screen sizes?

At this point I don't know whether to buy the 64GB 6 or the 16Gb 6Plus. I can't be the only one thinking this today.

You're in luck! This printable might solve your sizing problem. :lol:

I've never had a big phone either, so I'm gonna get the iP6+ 64GB. I just realized they dropped the 32GB sizes, lol.

Personally, I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which is full HD and has a 5.7 inch screen. Mine also has 96 gig of storage and I have 2 "business quality" batteries, each of which gives me 2 to 3 days of heavy use (I like to carry a charged spare in my wallet). The whole kit works very well for me and my old eyes when flying a Phantom.

That being said, I understand that some people prefer to stick with Apple, and I think a 5.5 inch screen would be adequate :)

I would be tempted to go for the 5.5 because of the much longer battery life. Apparently the 4.7 is only marginally better than the 5s battery life. Also, I still have unlimited data plan and I think the 5.5 could suitably replace the iPad mini for most things. I assume the 5.5 will fit in the original clip on the controller?

I'll be getting the 128GB iPhone 6 PLUS to match my Vision PLUS.

The 6 and the 6+ will both be available on the 19th.

robinb said:

I would love to upgrade my iPhone 5 to a 6 but lets see what features it has first.

The world wide release is the 19th.
I'll look at the 6 next year when I move back to the states. Maybe prices will drop by then.

Yes they will be cheaper in US, though not sure if they are offering sim free version in US.

I think when all the fuss has died down there will be some good deals on ebay. I purchased a 6 month old iPhone 5 which was in perfect condition boxed etc for a lot less.

happydays said:
Hmmm dilemma.

I've owned both the 3.5" and 4" iPhones and several Android devices - I'm currently using the 5.2" Xperia Z2. I won't be downsizing... I would suggest getting the 5.5" iPhone, you get used to the increased size in your hand quite quickly.

planedr said:
robinb said:

The world wide release is the 19th.
I'll look at the 6 next year when I move back to the states. Maybe prices will drop by then.

And for those outside the U.S., the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are also launching Sept. 19 in Canada, the U.K., France, Germany, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. Apple has pledged to make the iPhone 6 available in 115 countries around the world before the end of 2014, making it the fastest roll-out ever of a new iPhone model.

Samsung Note 3, best phone ever and I have had the iPhone 3G to the 5 and now, I will never go back. The Note 4 is coming in October so I am excited for that upgrade.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20