Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iPhone 6 plus

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by MarkEngland, Jul 20, 2015.

1. MarkEngland

I'm considering buying an iPhone 6 plus. It will serve the purpose of being a larger screen for the transmitter and cover all my other uses. Anyone else using one?

2. MSBBL

I use one. It works fine, but I wish I had something a bit larger.

MarkEngland likes this.
  3. Totof1965

Sale as msbbl. Anyway love the fact I use my phone so I don't have to worry about charging. Caching maps. Maintaining an iPad. Just connect the phone and take off

MarkEngland likes this.
  4. robinb

Yes got one about 2 months ago, great phone and can use it P3

MarkEngland likes this.
  5. 2k3sgm

I'm in the same boat. Who'd have thought the day would come that I wished the iP6+ was bigger! iPad Air2 will be in order soon.

6. Bosko

Word of advice... Hold off buying just for now. Apple's "standard" upgrade cycle is September for iPhones... As in, the new ones *should* be out in September...

And to your question, I've been using the 6+ for all my flights. iPad would be better, but the portability of the iPhone 6+ wins in my books. Screen size is very usable.

7. Ron34238

I've got the 6+, iPad Mini and iPad Air. Of all three, the Mini seems to be about the best overall screen size, doesn't make the transmitter too heavy, and works well for me.

8. loganr

I use mine and it does the job. The heat it generates however is an issue. Even with taking the phone case off, the video stream will breakup/stutter after 7-8 minutes and the screen will dim. Regardless of turning the auto brightness on or off there is a safe mode in the iPhone that will dim the screen when the phone reaches a certain temperature. Incredibly annoying on a bright day.

9. Kman

The new iPhone comes out in two months. I'd wait if you can hold off.

10. Havavision

I have a 6plus..If you are going to spend the money go bigger and get a iPad..I use a iPad 2 air with cellular..works great!

11. damitjim01

i use one, but want bigger. Wanted the NVidia Shield, but no one has them and rumor of a shield 2 coming out, but for the money, the iPad Air 3 is coming out in a couple months. I'm going to stick with the IOS device.