iPhone 6 battery dead after 1 flight...

Apple warranty is so good.

My sons parters had the latest samsung thing that was falling over all the time, all they could do was send it away for repair and wait weeks. Needless to say she was overjoyed at getting an iPhone at Christmas.

Hope that solves your problems.

I gave up on using my iphone with the phantom, and I'm glad I did. The iPad 2 mini experience is so much better. I flew 6 flights yesterday and returned home with 69% charge still left on the tablet. The screen size is perfect for this application too.

I bought my wife an iPad mini 4 for christmas, i must see if i can borrow it :)

iPhone 6 in otterbox and iPad mini 4 wif/celluar naked in Canada(-15 to 10C or 5F to 50 F) no issues however when I fly two batteries on iPad I am down to 68-70% charge on iPad..

I do the airplane mode and usually have other apps closed but not always.

I have been having better luck with my phone with higher temperatures....but I gave up on it and bought a tablet anyway. Too dang small for me.

I have been hunting around some and found a nearly new Shield K1 on CL for a good price, so I went with that. Experience has been mixed so far. Once connected, it runs DJI Go flawlessly. However, getting it to connect has been difficult. And the previous owner had already "upgraded" to marshmallow, so I have the compass issue. I haven't been successful using any workarounds yet, so now I have to decide whether to roll back to lollipop or wait for a nVidia fix.

I probably should have just ponied up for an iPad in the first place. Ah, well...

About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support - Check batteri usage.. Might not be the Go app... Worth a shot
I've had the same issues with a fully charged iPHone6 and then after one battery on the P3P the iPhone is about to die. I checked the battery usage in settings on the phone (good recommendation btw) and sure enough, over the past 24 hours, 55% ofthe power wen to the Go app. Sine I've done plenty of talking and texting and email over the past 24 hours, for Go to take 55% makes sense why it pulled down so quickly. While my iPhone 6 is not new, somehow I don't suspect the battery. I'd love to find out if there is a pigtail or splitter that would allow the controller to be plugged in the iPhone but also a secondary battery like a Mophie (or other) to keep it running. Anyone know of such?

Buy the new Apple Smart Battery case, it will extend your battery and allow you to use your lightning cable.. It will work on both the 6 and 6s.

iPhone 6s - Accessories - Apple

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I believe that it is air temperature related. I have seen this happen quite a bit with iPhones. Loads of charge on them and they suddenly die. Plug them in and they tell you they have 78 or so percent battery left.

The reason I suspect air temperature is as a result of using a different app. I'm a fell runner and I use something called runkeeper to track my running activities. Over the past few weeks, our club has set a challenge of running each day in January to the top of a local peak. You take a selfie beside the cairn at the top and post it on the Facebook page. No problem, however as soon as I take out the phone into the cold air (it's always windy up there) and the wind chill kicks in, the phone shuts off. PITA. I got around it by keeping it inside a glove and only having it out for the photo then back in again.

I suspect that this is the case with the Go application too. I've never had any problem in summer, but in winter it is a pain.

Guess I'm not the only one. iPhone 6. on 3 different occasions flying for about an hour (2 batteries). First 2 days were mid 80 degrees last day was 78. All 3 started at 100% and finished at 40%. Guess I'm in the market for a new iPad mini :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj