iPhone 6 battery dead after 1 flight...

Reaction score
I have the phantom 3 Advanced, and I can't get through 1 flight without my iphone battery going down to 1% and subsequently dying. The phone isn't even a year old.

I need options.

I already have tried:

*turning off wifi
*using airplane mode
*reducing video quality

Nothing seems to make a difference. One time I lost 40% of my phone batter while the IMU was just warming up.

Is there a way to both charge the phone and run the app?

VERY ANNOYING

I need options!

What is the air temperature? iPhones don't like cold weather at all and switch off if they get cold, even though there's loads of charge left. Any apps running in the background?

No apps in the background, and I've followed most of the tutorials on how to optimize your phone for battery life. It is cold here now, but this has been a problem since before the temps dropped.

Odd. I assume Apple phones receive a bit of charge while plugged into the controller as do Android devices? I'm not sure if the charging current is of a significant amount or just the typical 500mA provided by a computer port? It sounds like your phone has a weak battery & needs to be serviced or replaced.

I have the phantom 3 Advanced, and I can't get through 1 flight without my iphone battery going down to 1% and subsequently dying. The phone isn't even a year old.

I need options.

I already have tried:

*turning off wifi
*using airplane mode
*reducing video quality

Nothing seems to make a difference. One time I lost 40% of my phone batter while the IMU was just warming up.

Is there a way to both charge the phone and run the app?

VERY ANNOYING

I need options!

Odd. I assume Apple phones receive a bit of charge while plugged into the controller as do Android devices? I'm not sure if the charging current is of a significant amount of just the typical 500mA provided by a computer port? It sounds like your phone has a weak battery & needs to be serviced or replaced.

Apparently not - iOS devices don't get charged. I thought they did as you get the bee'beep when you plug in, but when the aircraft is connected, no charging takes place. Pity.

Odd. I assume Apple phones receive a bit of charge while plugged into the controller as do Android devices? I'm not sure if the charging current is of a significant amount or just the typical 500mA provided by a computer port? It sounds like your phone has a weak battery & needs to be serviced or replaced.

My battery lasts for a couple of days outside of flying the p3, so I suspect it's the app in some way.

The RC doesn't charge the phone.

Think you may need to get it checked out by apple, it will be under warranty.

If you look at the power consumption figures in the settings, it will tell you what is taking the power.

my iPhone 6 lasts no problem at all.

Reactions: bootzterz
Maybe its the cold weather, its snowed here couple days back and i went to fly to capture couple shots and my iPhone 6 plus had 40% and it died within 3 minutes of been outside, I was shock as i thought the phantom battery would be the one dying first

There's always a mophi battery case. I have one for my iPhone 6s Plus. It almost doubles the time you get until recharging again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: anotherinfidel
I have been experiencing the same issue (also from KC!) but it is MUCH worse when I have flown near or below freezing. The cold temperatures seem to "trick" the phone into thinking it has less reserve battery than it actually does.

For example, last week I flew in 25 degree temperatures and started with 80% battery. Within 10 minutes of flight, I received a low battery warning that I was at 10%. I landed and the phone shut off. After just 2-3 minutes of warming up/charging the phone in my car, the phone battery level was displayed at 76%.

Earlier in the week I flew when it was about 35 degrees. The same type issue occurred, but it took 30 minutes of flying, and the phone never actually shut down. It just displayed low battery until I got it warmed up, at which time it showed the correct battery level.

I'm hoping with warmer weather, this issue will not occur. If it does, i will have to find another option. Until then, I am staying close to home when it's cold!

This happens with my 6 too. I can start with 100% and within 5 min the app depletes all power. I have a thread open asking about this very topic. I tried all suggestions above. My advice: get another apple product (I use an iPad mini) and see what happens. My Mini handles it fine, no depletion.

Either way it isnt your iPhone. Its the app.

Not that this helps but I moved to an iPad Air because (amongst other things) the Go App was definitely kicking the crap out of my 5s.

There's always a mophi battery case. I have one for my iPhone 6s Plus. It almost doubles the time you get until recharging again.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
You can't use Morphy while flying. So what's the use?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20