iPhone 5S on DJI Phantom

Reaction score
You guys may think I'm nuts for putting my new iPhone 5S on the Phantom...and youre right. Loving the phone. its amazing.

Anybody have any tips on getting better iphone footage on the phantom? I couldnt get the rolling shutter out even with the moon gel.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpyOY7KPW9I[/youtube]

ultramaze said:
You guys may think I'm nuts for putting my new iPhone 5S on the Phantom...and youre right. Loving the phone. its amazing.

Anybody have any tips on getting better iphone footage on the phantom? I couldnt get the rolling shutter out even with the moon gel.

For DronePhone, I use a standard anti-vibration harness, but replace the GoPro mount with a spring-loaded cell phone mount for a camera tripod, secured to the anti-vibration mount with small zip ties, and a little moongel in between. I use a velcro strap to make sure the phone doesn't pop out of the spring-loaded mount.

It seems to work pretty well, though sharp maneuvers will bring a little jello that soon smooths out.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa_fRx5gL_4i6ifinOmbhog

justsomeguy said:
Sorry. I can't help because I don't speak/understand hipster dweeb.

Maybe there is a self-obsessed introvert that is trapped in skinny jeans and in search of a life that might be able to chime in and rescue you from that deep sea of mediocrity that you fellas are wallowing in.

That was a little uncalled for don't you think?

Props to you for trying the iPhone on the Phantom. I've thought about it myself and may stick my 4S on there when I get some time to mess about.

justsomeguy said:
Sorry. I can't help because I don't speak/understand hipster dweeb.

Maybe there is a self-obsessed introvert that is trapped in skinny jeans and in search of a life that might be able to chime in and rescue you from that deep sea of mediocrity that you fellas are wallowing in.

Well...we can all see what you wallow in now.

Please don't share again.

Thanks.

Lol... That's why justsomeguy is on my ignore list. Just hit the ! Button his post and report him. ;)

One of the first things I did with my phantom is rig up a mount for my 4S using an old phone case. In lower light, it worked pretty darn well.

DronePhone said:
ultramaze said:

For DronePhone, I use a standard anti-vibration harness, but replace the GoPro mount with a spring-loaded cell phone mount for a camera tripod, secured to the anti-vibration mount with small zip ties, and a little moongel in between. I use a velcro strap to make sure the phone doesn't pop out of the spring-loaded mount.

It seems to work pretty well, though sharp maneuvers will bring a little jello that soon smooths out.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa_fRx5gL_4i6ifinOmbhog

Awesome! Very cool! Great idea. Thanks!

LJ35 said:
Lol... That's why justsomeguy is on my ignore list. Just hit the ! Button his post and report him. ;)

One of the first things I did with my phantom is rig up a mount for my 4S using an old phone case. In lower light, it worked pretty darn well.

Here was, my phantom in January just out of the box (no camera, so I tried my Nokia N95). Great HD videos before I got GoPro Hero3. Wow what a speedy time, now 8 months later and 230~ flights you made me remember the "good times" with naked phantom and 13~14 fligh time :mrgreen:

Phantom-N95-mini.jpg

jumanoc said:
LJ35 said:

Here was, my phantom in January just out of the box (no camera, so I tried my Nokia N95). Great HD videos before I got GoPro Hero3. Wow what a speedy time, now 8 months later and 230~ flights you made me remember the "good times" with naked phantom and 13~14 fligh time :mrgreen:

My first camera flight also used an old Nokia N95 I had lying around. Unfortunately, the Phantom got away in high winds, but I was able to finally regain control about 1/2 mile away after chasing it in a car.

Here is the video of that epic flight. It was this flight that led me to develop the DronePhone GPS tracking system, using the Nokia 520/521.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-CzQeBy0XA

DronePhone said:
jumanoc said:
LJ35 said:

My first camera flight also used an old Nokia N95 I had lying around. Unfortunately, the Phantom got away in high winds, but I was able to finally regain control about 1/2 mile away after chasing it in a car.

Here is the video of that epic flight. It was this flight that led me to develop the DronePhone GPS tracking system, using the Nokia 520/521.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-CzQeBy0XA

Justsomeguy is also on my ignore list. He's a troll. He has stalked me on youtube and another forum. I suspect there is really something wrong with him - mentally. :(

Great video. If it wasn't so close to being horrifying it would almost be funny. I'm glad you got it back, and got control.

That's the largest float home subdivision I have seen. I lived in Vancouver, and while we had them, the city made too many rules for them to survive.

Good work.

D

I don't have a pic, but all i did was angle the stock mount for the GOPRO all the way up and rubber banded the iPhone5 to it.

I have this gimbal on it...
http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Vibration ... dji+gimbal

Quality is pretty good for what it is. Just make sure you tap the screen and focus it before u attach it to the phantom, bc the iphone doesn't auto focus.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub