iPhone 5 LCD Shade DJI Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Hello

Im a newbie to aerial RC but a pro at creating panoramas - My new delite will be here on Monday!!

So i have a bunch of apps now on my iPhone they all look/view great when I'm inside - but outside is way different!
Theres so much glare on the lcd screen that its mostly worthless - I'ved search but with no luck could find a LCD shade for my iPhone - What i'm trying to find is one like what i have on my DSLR LCD screen - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/441827-REG/Delkin_Devices_DU3_0_M_BLK_eFilm_Point_Shoot.html

anyone know where to find one thats the size of a iphone? Or have any innovative ideas on how to max the visibility on the iPhone display outside?

Maybe i could make one out of plastruct styrene,
but it would be tricky to make one like a store bought shade that nicely collapse/fold after your done -

Wonder if the app work on iPad?
+ why is there not a filter ring in front of onboard camera? Might have to super glue a modified stepup ring to the front

Cheers from Missouri

Go Mizzou!!

This is the only thing I've found close to a dedicated "hood" for the iphone: http://diffcase.com/

As for the lack of adapter ring on the vision camera, I'd assume that was omitted for balance issues...that much weight on the end could throw off the sensors + motor that keep the camera level.

EDIT: However, I see now that it looks like DJI is already working on it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5073

Thank You for that link - Rare!

So i ordered it - will post a review of it once it arrives.... :geek:

OH Yeah!! it does except a filter! Missed that...

received the shade yesterday and it works perfect on my iPone 5 with a car - I ordered the Walkera phone clip off of ebay and it fits the DJI Controller and hold my iphone with the shade on it great! Using the Phone with a timer app on it for a flight timer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav