Iphone 5 as flight camera.

I agree, you need to be 100% certain the phone and phantom cannot part company in flight. If an iPhone hit you from 50ft I think that is going to really hurt, let alone be expensive.

On the plus side, find my iPhone is great for flyaways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using my old Galaxy S2. Through Blue Tooth I can view live video and take snap shots and videos with my S4 as the receiver. It's also fun using Dash Cam apps. That way you can capture video as well as all the GPS info. A cheap way to get FPS, although the frame rate is slow. I've had it as high as a couple hundred feet and still get a signal.

Steely said:
I'm using my old Galaxy S2. Through Blue Tooth I can view live video and take snap shots and videos with my S4 as the receiver. It's also fun using Dash Cam apps. That way you can capture video as well as all the GPS info. A cheap way to get FPS, although the frame rate is slow. I've had it as high as a couple hundred feet and still get a signal.

no problem at all with interfercences? BT on but GSM (or else) off?

nice

No problem with interference as far as I can tell. I'm still very new to all of this, but control seems to always be there. Not sure what GSM is.

Great Pumpkin said:
Your pics are great. Please post a pic of how you attached your iPhone to the Phantom.

in this thread I tell how I have done it with my lumia 1020 (41mpx). There is still plenty of room for improvement and the picture I show is the first one, night time, 800 ISO, so definitely not the good one.
but it works and it uses the 7th channel to press the shutter on my phantom 2 NV
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8452

it can be done with every other mobile phone or camera...

Here are the the promised pics of how I attached I
The phone. I usually use some bigger postal rubber bands but this is all I could muster for the shoot.
Note the camera cutout in the foam is not needed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 255
Man, I just want to share with you what happened today.
I attached the phone in the same position as yours, so it changes the center of gravity of the phantom. Today I was Flying in a small space, with a not perfect satellite lock. Suddenly the phantom lost the satellite, colors of lights changed from green, and it started to wobble, it was just a few meters from the floor, and there it went, circling around, and crashed.
Nothing really serious happened, only one prop broken (I have props guards).
But what hit me is that till the gps was locked everything was ok, but in a matter of seconds it crashed. So my lesson is that if everything only if everything is perfect, phantom knows how to manage the weigh,
Now I am studying a new position of the phone, more in the middle of the body of phantom. I will show you as soon as I finished.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1