Ipads & Dji Vision APP

Reaction score
I know the manual for the P2V+ says that Ipad isn't recommended, but is anyone using them ok? A friend of mine loaded the Dji Vision app on his Ipad Air (and his wife's Ipad2) but in both casws it comes up in German.
I currently use an Android fone, but would prefer something bigger and quicker, the HTC Desire C lags terribly.#

P.

Re: Ipads & Dji Vision APP

FlyerUK said:
I know the manual for the P2V+ says that Ipad isn't recommended, but is anyone using them ok? A friend of mine loaded the Dji Vision app on his Ipad Air (and his wife's Ipad2) but in both casws it comes up in German.
I currently use an Android fone, but would prefer something bigger and quicker, the HTC Desire C lags terribly.#

P.

I don't see a reason why the ipad wouldn't work, it is basically an iPhone minus the cellular voice capabilities plus a bigger screen.

-David

I can't think of a reason why either, but the fact both Ipads loaded the app in German bothers me, even though my German is "passable" ;-)

I use an iPad Mini and I've tried my iPad Mini w/Retina, but the Retina screen doesn't look as clear as the regular Mini. No language problems and I can read the text data easier. I have not tried waypoints.

Use an iPad Mini with Retina display, tried the regular Mini but it was to slow (compared to then new Retina) and I like the screen better. :)

FlyerUK said:
Many thanks for the replies, guess I'll give the Mini a go
The FPV is not great, but it is adequate on the Retina mini. But it is after all, an iPhone app in 2X mode, so not expecting much. It does make the telemetry easier to read. But It would be nice if DJI would step up and create a real iPad Vision APP, since the mini seems to be such a popular platform.

I use the iPad mini with retina. It looks good; however, I've never done a side by side comparison with the non-retina.

I've found the reason for the App coming up in German, upon searching the APp Store for DJI Vision, 2 apps appear, one free (German, not DJI) the other costing money. How do I get the official DJI Vision App from the App store if it isn't listed?

FlyerUK said:
I've found the reason for the App coming up in German, upon searching the APp Store for DJI Vision, 2 apps appear, one free (German, not DJI) the other costing money. How do I get the official DJI Vision App from the App store if it isn't listed?
Make sure you are searching for iPhone apps, as there is no official DJI app for iPad.

Elwood58 said:
FlyerUK said:
Make sure you are searching for iPhone apps, as there is no official DJI app for iPad.

And THAT was why I coudn't find it ;-) thanks, am now a little wiser.

P.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20