iPads and iPad minis without GPS

Reaction score
I case you have a non-cellular iPad or mini-iPad (which don't have GPS), and you wish it did have GPS (use for dynamic homepoint, ground station etc), here is a fantastic little GPS receiver, which connects to your iPad with Bluetooth. It gives your non-GPS iPad full GPS capability, just the same, or better, than the GPS-equipped iPads.

http://gps.dualav.com/explore-by-product/xgps150a/

I have two: one for flying, and one on my boat. They work great!

For anyone reading along -- if you're going to buy this, make sure you get the right model. They offer a US and Europe model.

Last edited:
msinger said:
For anyone reading along -- if you're going to buy this, make sure you get the right model. They offer a US and Europe model.

I have not heard of that point, and could not find any reference to it on the official website. I bought mine from a supplier in the US, live in Australia, and took it with me for a car trip through France. It works brilliantly all the time. However, taking msinger's point, in case you plan to buy one, better double-check on that.

Another useful feature, is that there is a free iOS app for the Dual GPS which gives you the satellites acquired, their signal strength, and location in the sky. This should give a good indication of the satellites which the Phantom should be able to find.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.PNG
    IMG_0253.PNG
    123.5 KB · Views: 361

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4