iPad

Reaction score
I want to use my iPad to fly a DJI Phantom, but it won't connect to my aircraft. What do I need to do to accomplish this?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What model is it?
Is it on the DJI approved list of devices?
Have you loaded the DJI Go app to it from the iTunes store?
Do you have the owners manual that the Phantom came with?

If you have mini 2 and above, you should not have any issue with DJI go app because of iPad. There are many other things that should be taken into account. Give us more details what hardware you have and what DJI SW and FW versions you have currently on your iPad, RC and AC

I just downloaded the latest DJI Go App. and updated the aircraft, batteries and controller. I can connect with my iPhone, but wanted a bigger view area, so I tried, with no luck to connect my iPad. Model MC705Ll/A. Running 8.1.1

Using the iPhone now. I get GPS and 12 satellites. Connect with iPad and get GPS N/A and no satellites. Checking maps on iPad, I get directions. Could I have something turned off in the settings on th iPad?

Don't believe it's supported. The A5x cup is 32 bit. I think all the supported iPads are 64bit.

I checked DJIs site. Your model iPad is not supported.

I should tell you, this is not a mini. I saw a tutorial the other day, where they were showing how to secure an iPad to a controller. Then they showed it in use. The manual that came with my Phantom simply says to connect the tablet or smart phone to the USB on controller. My iPad is probably 6 years old.

Yep, full size iPad. But too old and too slow.

Found another full size iPad in the house. Uses the same connector as the new iPhone6. I'll charge it and see.

Google the model number for specs. Get the CPU number. Then google that CPU looking for 32 or 64 bit. If 32, not supported. If 64, will probably work.

This iPad connects. Makes a huge difference! Lots more control! Thanks!

I just downloaded the latest DJI Go App. and updated the aircraft, batteries and controller. I can connect with my iPhone, but wanted a bigger view area, so I tried, with no luck to connect my iPad. Model MC705Ll/A. Running 8.1.1

I think your iPad is too old to be supported by DJI. Might be a good excuse to upgrade.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4