ipad??

Reaction score
my buddy told me that apple monitors etc are not yet usable yet on the P3, see this copy of email

received

Well at the moment you can forget the Apple devices as they haven't cleared the Pilot App yet and Dji say they don’t know when it will happen

sent

> JUST FOUND THIS..........................................................................
> Recommended Devices for P3A & P3P
>
> iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
> Android: Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
> *Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

any comments?
>

Yeah definitely, I have an iPad Mini 2 Retina and it works perfectly. Lots of people saying android versions of the app are a little buggy at the moment. Definitely go with Apple!

I'm using the iPad Air 1 with no issues, but the mini maybe better as the bigger units don't balance so well. Also the new iPads have barometers that will work better with the new autopilot app.

I'm using an iPad Mini 2 as well. I haven't had any trouble running the DJI Pilot app. You'll want to pick up a tablet sun shade since the screen is hard to see when you must fly in direct sun light. That's going to be an issue no matter which tablet you go with though.

FYI, if going with an iPad, it's a good idea to get a cellular version since it has GPS. You don't have to enable the cell service in order to use the GPS. At the moment, this will allow you to reset the home point to your current location in the DJI Pilot app -- which could be helpful if you move around a lot when flying. It could also come in handy later if DJI or other third party developers add features that require the software to know your current location (e.g. a follow me feature).

Yeah definitely, I have an iPad Mini 2 Retina and it works perfectly. Lots of people saying android versions of the app are a little buggy at the moment. Definitely go with Apple!
Yeah buy you didn't mention what color it is.

Same here. Just got a P3 for my birthday this weekend and it works perfectly with my iPhone6 and iPad air. (Although the iPad had to come out of its case to fit, it's the max size the device holder can accommodate).

Another vote for the mini 2 although I wish I had spent the extra and got the gps model, also upgraded to the inspire holder for me a no brainier at £21 it makes a massive difference.

Reactions: apsphoto
The bottom piece that attaches to the controller is aluminum on the Inspire holder and holds more rigidly than the plastic one with the P3 and is more stable with an Air2. I changed mine really stable now.

Alan

I also read the Inspire holder is a bit bigger and accommodates bigger devices as well. Can anyone verify that?

Gotcha Thanks. Same here with my P3A holder - iPad air JUST fits if I take it out of the case, but I can't even click it down one notch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers