IPad Trick

Reaction score
Just thought I would throw this little trick I tried out to you guys to see what you think (worked perfectly)! I use an iPad mini 3 Cellular version with out service. When I fly I pop out my Sim card from my phone and install it in the iPad Mini 3. BAM! Now my iPad has LTE service so all my Maps cachet perfectly and I have full cellular service on the iPad during flight at no cost! When I'm done I just put my Sim back into my phone and I'm good to go.

Nice to know!

Can you bluetooth tether to your phone instead for internet?

That's what I do, but everything I use is android, might be different for iOS.

I just use a "shared data SIM" on my ipad Mini.It's "linked" to my main phone's SIM. Only cost $5 and no monthly fees.(Optus Australia)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: flyboy73
I just use a "shared data SIM" on my ipad Mini.It's "linked" to my main phone's SIM. Only cost $5 and no monthly fees.(Optus Australia)

That sounds like an elegant solution. But searching "shared data SIM" in Amazon brings up nothing useful. Would there be another name for that device, or perhaps that isn't available in the US?

Nice. Good deal.
Unfortunately through searches I find that they are only available in Australia and the UK. Not here in the states. With my unlimited plan that would be great to have. No swapping and only $5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers