Ipad recommendations for P3P

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Tab S now and it's not on the recommended list of tablets on DJI's site. I hear for best results Ipads are the way to go. Can anyone recommend a Ipad or Ipad mini to use with DJI Go. I don't need the best or latest just something that will work well for my P3P. Thanks

All Apple devices on this list will work with DJI GO. For the best results, run your Apple device with these settings.

Reactions: flyboy73
Thanks is there much performance difference between the Ipad 2 and 3 as far as the Go App is concerned? Thats about all I'm going to use it for

Are you referring to the iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 3? If so, they have the same processor. There will be no difference performance-wise.

I also moved from a couple of Samsungs to an Apple iPad Air 2 + Cellular thinking I may want the cellular at some point int time (I did, went with T-mobile although Verizon would have been better for rural now that I learned.) as well as the barometer and GPS in the cellular units.

However, I've been going back and forth with Autologic's Autopilot people on some possible beta mission actions and they've told me they recommend the iPad Pro due to processing power where the Air 2 might suffer with their app. I thought they were pretty close power wise, but I don't know much about Apple overall being new to them.

There's some speculation that an iPad Pro 2 may be coming out soon as well since the iPhone usually supersedes the tablet. Never hurts to have the upgrade capability rather than buying the device twice in order to gain what the prior didn't or couldn't do. Cry once.

Yes
iPad Air 2, super fast, and no need for a sunshade! I use it on my P3p, and I can fly in direct sunlight, no problem, my iPad 3 with retinal display, suffered badly in direct sunlight, even with a shade! ( used on p2v+ ) as I could not get the iPad 3 to even open new go app! Forced to buy new, so I went with the iPad Air 2, and so far, LOVING IT! I use it on all my crafts ( p2v, p2v+, and my p3p ) big difference from iPhone 4s!
Lol:)

J Dot
:cool:

Go for second generation onwards. All will be ok. No doubt latest would be the best. New iPad 4 mini costs 399 and about 125 more for cellular.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I would wait for the Apple announcement in a week or so and then pick up an iPad 4 Mini with Cellular especially if you want to use Autopilot with features that focus on you, you can get the non cellular if you do not that kind of facility.

I don't normally use apple anything, and didn't want to spend a lot on a tablet just for the Phantom so I got a nearly new mini 2 on ebay for $170. If I need to use follow me I can use my Samsung S5 phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr