iPad Overheats and Return to Home

Reaction score
Hi all, just joined after the first three flights with my Phantom 3 Pro. I did a lot of searching here as I did have the iPad overheating scare as a new pilot on flight #2.

I've done the compass calibration and only fly when the app says safe to fly and I have plenty of GPS satellites. Also, I set the RTH height to 40 meters which is higher than all structures in the flight area.

My questions:

1. If the iPad overheats, can I press the RTH button on the remote control to summon back my bird?

2. Am I correct in understanding that you need to hold that button down for 3 seconds?

3. Could I keep my iPhone nearby and simply swap out in case of emergency mid flight?

4. And last question, assuming I go completely out of range and lose control of the bird with the iPad and remote control, safe to assume that return to home will always kick in from the aircraft?.

Thanks for any tips guys, I intend to do a couple of test flights later today to test out these functionalities so I know what to expect if and when they occur during flying.

Hi all, just joined after the first three flights with my Phantom 3 Pro. I did a lot of searching here as I did have the iPad overheating scare as a new pilot on flight #2.

I've done the compass calibration and only fly when the app says safe to fly and I have plenty of GPS satellites. Also, I set the RTH height to 40 meters which is higher than all structures in the flight area.

My questions:

1. If the iPad overheats, can I press the RTH button on the remote control to summon back my bird?

2. Am I correct in understanding that you need to hold that button down for 3 seconds?

3. Could I keep my iPhone nearby and simply swap out in case of emergency mid flight?

4. And last question, assuming I go completely out of range and lose control of the bird with the iPad and remote control, safe to assume that return to home will always kick in from the aircraft?.

Thanks for any tips guys, I intend to do a couple of test flights later today to test out these functionalities so I know what to expect if and when they occur during flying.
yes, Yes, maybe but it will take a bit of time to connect and RTH will initiate and perform the function as set in the GO app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl