Ipad or Ipad mini for fpv monitor

I was not sure what model you have. I merely replied to your question asking if there were Cables with 2 micro-USB connectors. Whether you need a cable depends on the actual drone model you have. The P3 Standard (P3S) uses WIFI to connect the tablet to the controller ... and thus, it does not need any cable. Higher-end models typically require cables, but I can't tell for sure as I only have a P3S. The DJI website provides a list of "what's in the box".

Last edited:
P3 4k is the "bird in hand"

Remind me please: What is it exactly you're trying to do:

1. Feed the video from the tablet to a pair of fancy/expensive goggles? - e.g. fatshark (google it)
2. Just see what the camera sees in real-time, on a large tablet?
3. ...

There is no strict definition (per my understanding) as to what exactly an FPV configuration is. FPV means (to me) that you can see exactly what the camera sees, whether with a pair of fancy goggles, or on a tablet. Ultimately, it's really up to you how. What you must have gathered by now is that there are many ways to enjoy this hobby, and it all depends on what exactly what you want, and how deep your pockets are :)

I have a P3S, and I use it with an iPad Mini 2 (WIFI+Cellular). The reason I got the cellular version is because it has a GPS sensor. The WIFI only version does not (blame Apple for that). I also modded my controller and attached an Inspire tablet mount. For now, it is good enough for me as I'm just starting with the hobby.

Phantom was purchased to get a few unique shots for a music video. I'm going to keep it as well. Originally, the thought was as a time saver the larger monitor would be beneficial by allowing key people to watch the shots all together in real time, that way any ideas or changes could be brought up while in flight saving time, as opposed to flying back after the shot, downloading, watching, changing their mind, and going through the process again. Personally, I still am going to go with the iPad Air as I like the size. We mounted an iPad Air last night. The size is perfect, and it's balanced. A custom lanyard is also in order, and with the aluminum bracket mount (screws snugged) there was ZERO wobble. As far as the team watching in real time, we'll just live stream it to a large monitor everyone can easily see. All good now.

Amazing the scope and variety of applications on here. All the Best. I have a LiveStream box and been pondering how to hook it up together with the P3S for some unique remote/live viewing.

Amazing the scope and variety of applications on here. All the Best. I have a LiveStream box and been pondering how to hook it up together with the P3S for some unique remote/live viewing.

Thanks. You as well. I look forward to spending more time in here to see all that myself!

((((Phantom 3 4k ))))) is the bird I'm talking about by the way. After tons of reading and talking to a few that "own one"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>There is NO cable connection. It is WI-FI <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic