IPad on Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
Didn't want to hijack a thread already running about mounting a tablet on a P3S RC. Here are a couple of shots of my setup for my iPad Air with a Lifeproof Nuud case.
f71ff4c204666fb2f84ebff38413fae6.jpg
142261979a56cf7e89908123ca7840fb.jpg

I used this:
Amazon.com: teenitor fpv lcd monitor mount bracket support for dji phantom jr futaba transmi...

And this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Y4...amp+holder&dpPl=1&dpID=517Glm7tkcL&ref=plSrch

Just need to get (or make) a sun shield or get an anti-reflection screen protector.

Eddie

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is the iPad Air, same size screen as iPad2, I really need to upgrade. Drilled a whole in the Remote, was else are you going to do, correct?
:)

Added
Hum, maybe you didn't drill a hole, what did you do in the center of the remote.

Last edited:
The Air and the iPad 2 have the same screen size but the shell of the Air is slimmer. The tripod adapter is adjustable for size and has additional foam pads you can add if needed. The iPad Air with the Lifeproof case is pretty big and just fits in the adapter.

The Teenitor mount fastens to the lanyard loop on the controller and has two additional holes to reattach the lanyard. No holes to drill! Seems sturdy and stable enough. Time will tell.

Here's a shot of the mount on the controller.

2f50e5e4a205621da175deb2fc5e6ed7.jpg

Thanks, All questions answered!

Reactions: EddieM
With a WiFi only iPad, functions like "follow me" won't work since the iPad does not have a GPS. GPS on the mobile device is required for the bird to track your movement. You can get a WiFi + cellular iPad used and not activate the cellular service (so I understand). If "follow me" is not a priority, the WiFi only should be fine. Just remember to cache any maps on it before you leave home. As for the best place to buy, I have no idea! I bought mine new from AT&T. Good luck!

With a WiFi only iPad, functions like "follow me" won't work since the iPad does not have a GPS. GPS on the mobile device is required for the bird to track your movement. You can get a WiFi + cellular iPad used and not activate the cellular service (so I understand). If "follow me" is not a priority, the WiFi only should be fine. Just remember to cache any maps on it before you leave home. As for the best place to buy, I have no idea! I bought mine new from AT&T. Good luck!
Yeah, you are correct on the follow me, just want bigger better screen.
Thanks.

Reactions: EddieM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers