IPad mirroring to BT-200

Reaction score
Hi,
A few months ago I bought a set of Moverio BT-200 smart glasses, I use them to fly my Phantom 2 Visio plus, I have a Samsung S5 mirroring the screen to the BT-200.
I love these glasses!
l sold my P2V+ and I bought the P3P. I downloaded the DJI Go app into my iPad Air with the latest update IOS9. I am using the iPad because the screen size, it is a bit bigger.
I would like to use the BT-200 but I encountered problem when trying to mirroring the iPad's screen to the BT-200.
Any advice on how can I get these devices mirroring?
Thanks for your help.
J. M.

Hi,
A few months ago I bought a set of Moverio BT-200 smart glasses, I use them to fly my Phantom 2 Visio plus, I have a Samsung S5 mirroring the screen to the BT-200.
I love these glasses!
l sold my P2V+ and I bought the P3P. I downloaded the DJI Go app into my iPad Air with the latest update IOS9. I am using the iPad because the screen size, it is a bit bigger.
I would like to use the BT-200 but I encountered problem when trying to mirroring the iPad's screen to the BT-200.
Any advice on how can I get these devices mirroring?
Thanks for your help.
J. M.

Over the past few months, I've been in contact (via email) with the lead engineer of Epson's Moverio project, about a solution for exactly what you've mentioned. What I initially suggested was a replacement "box"...replacing the current touchpad-controller unit with one that's nothing more than a box containing the battery, the output connection for the glasses, an HDMI input, & a power switch. This would allow someone to connect an HDMI cable between the transmitter (via the HDMI replacement module/board) and "box", to which the "box" should, essentially, be nothing more than a powered pass-through for the video signal.

What this product would be is a "dumb" non-immersive headset, which is exactly what anyone flying a drone, R/C plane, R/C helicopter, or any other R/C with an attached camera, needs. The problem with traditional immersion headsets is that you can only see what the camera sees...but you can't see the craft, itself. With this idea, you see what the camera sees, superimposed on the glasses...but, at the same time, you can still see your craft through the glasses.

Now, the good news: In his most recent email (approximately two weeks ago), he informed me that a 3rd-party developer, which has worked with Epson on previous projects, has developed the exact "box" I suggested, and they are currently working together to reduce its size (he described the demo unit as "somewhat large"), and to reduce the manufacturing cost.

Currently, Epson is planning on selling it as an "accessory" (meaning, people would still have to purchase the regular BT-200), but they are also considering selling a package containing the glasses & HDMI/battery "box" (I half-jokingly suggested Epson call it the BT-220). He also mentioned that it should be ready to market approximately Q2 2016. Only time will tell as to when this will become available...but, when it does, I know I'll be getting one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20