Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

IPAD Mini

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by igor, Jun 12, 2015.

1. igor

Hi lads, I am interested if its possible to run DJI pilot app on IPAD mini

2. jlo

jlo

The original iPad Mini is not listed as a compatible device. However, the iPad Mini 2 and 3 are compatible.

You're going to want something with an A7, or better, chip in it.

3. Oso

Oso

The Mini 2 and later is listed as a compatible device. I have used a Mini 2 since my P3 arrived several weeks ago. The Mini 2 worked very well until the weather got warm. Once outside temps rose, the Mini 2 started to have issues with severe FPV lag, etc. Some have even reported that theirs shut down completely. Based on my experience, mine would have also shut down if I pushed it further than I did. Because of this, I have already ordered an Air 2 to replace the Mini 2. It arrives on Tuesday.

Both devices have the same published operating temperature ranges, but the Air 2 tolerates higher temps better than does the Mini 2. Perhaps due to the Air 2's increased processing power and RAM which make an easier task of handling the Pilot app.

If you are *not* in a warmer climate, I think the Mini 2 would work very well. Of course you do have glare to worry about, but that is true with most devices.

4. Dmacken1

Thanks for this info. 105 here for the next couple of days then no less than 100 for a week. I'm in the process of figuring out what tablet to by so this is helpful for me.

5. Oso

Oso