Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

ipad mini

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by SpikeFinch, Aug 19, 2014.

1. SpikeFinch

I have never been a big fan of Apple, but I have to say, this thing just works great!!!!
    It's the perfect size for flying FPV..

It was very easy to mount as well.

Attached Files:

2. RedRyderMedia

Because you tried their products and found them deficient or .......????

Personally, I prefer the iPad Air.....for the same reasons......but just a little bit bigger.

3. Morgon

What are you using to mount it? 3D-printed your own? (Something I might try doing when I get my 3D Printer in November)

4. JerryNycom

What did you use the mount your mini? Also what are the extra switches on your remote?

5. SpikeFinch

I got a clear case for the mini and just attached a piece of 3/4" MDF to the back with velcro.
    I filed two slots in the MDF for the "fingers" of the TX clamp to hold on better.
    Some day if I find a piece of plastic that is about the same size, I will replace it with that.., but until I do, this seem to work great.

"Because you tried their products and found them deficient or .......????"
    I guess it's been more of the attitude of the people that own Apple products. That whole "cult thing"

"Also what are the extra switches on your remote?"
    viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23497

Attached Files:

6. TheloniousMac

I use an iPad mini as well, the iPhone (for now) is just too small to see everything and keep an eye on the bird.
    I found that detaching the simple GripGo from its mount and clamping with the iPhone clamp keeps the iPad very secure.
    [​IMG]

I went even cheaper with a shoebox cut in half for a sunshade... folds down flat for transport and perfect size for the mini.