ipad mini

Reaction score
I have never been a big fan of Apple, but I have to say, this thing just works great!!!!
It's the perfect size for flying FPV..

It was very easy to mount as well.

Attachments

• with-mini.jpg
    with-mini.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 425
SpikeFinch said:
I have never been a big fan of Apple
Because you tried their products and found them deficient or .......????

Personally, I prefer the iPad Air.....for the same reasons......but just a little bit bigger.

SpikeFinch said:
I have never been a big fan of Apple, but I have to say, this thing just works great!!!!
It's the perfect size for flying FPV..

It was very easy to mount as well.

What did you use the mount your mini? Also what are the extra switches on your remote?

I got a clear case for the mini and just attached a piece of 3/4" MDF to the back with velcro.
I filed two slots in the MDF for the "fingers" of the TX clamp to hold on better.
Some day if I find a piece of plastic that is about the same size, I will replace it with that.., but until I do, this seem to work great.

"Because you tried their products and found them deficient or .......????"
I guess it's been more of the attitude of the people that own Apple products. That whole "cult thing"

"Also what are the extra switches on your remote?"
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23497

Attachments

• mini-mounting.jpg
    mini-mounting.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 400
I use an iPad mini as well, the iPhone (for now) is just too small to see everything and keep an eye on the bird.
I found that detaching the simple GripGo from its mount and clamping with the iPhone clamp keeps the iPad very secure.
GripGo.jpg

I went even cheaper with a shoebox cut in half for a sunshade... folds down flat for transport and perfect size for the mini.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair