iPad Mini Vision APP no longer available

Reaction score
I tried to download the Vision APP for a new iPad mini that I bought specifically for the Phantom....the Vision APP has been removed and is not available according to a big dealer who said it was temporarily unavailable. W T F is the deal.

The App is available.... But it's made for iPhone, and needs to be 2x scaled up for ipads....
Just look for Iphone apps, not Ipad apps.... It's there I just checked....

When I go to the APP store and do a search for the APP on my iPad mini, it won't even bring up the APP period, I'm assuming it is recognizing my iPad and not allowing it. I can get it on my Galaxy S3. So how do I download the APP if it won't show up on my selection screen. I was on the phone with Apple for 4 hours and they couldn't help me. Advice appreciated.

On my ipad mini I couldn't find the app neither and what I did was web searched and found the DJI VISION APP and lo and behold there was a download available, go figure..

jasonb777 said:
On my ipad mini I couldn't find the app neither and what I did was web searched and found the DJI VISION APP and lo and behold there was a download available, go figure..

that is because you have to change the settings on your ipad mini to search for IPHONE apps. DJI made the app for iphones, not the mini nor the ipad.

No issues, just deleted on mini & went into App Store down loaded no issues, like other posts said switch to "iPhone only"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 681
db51 said:
I was on the phone with Apple for 4 hours and they couldn't help me

Seriously?! They couldn't advise you to change your app store search results to 'iPhone' instead of "iPad only apps" in 4 hours?

I'm curious. DJI say the iPad mini is "not recommended". Is there a reason for that or does it work much better then the iphone?

aljames said:
I'm curious. DJI say the iPad mini is "not recommended". Is there a reason for that or does it work much better then the iphone?

Probably they wanted everyone to squint and strain eyes, In turn you lost sight/control fiery crash ,causing you to buy another one

Thanks. That's what I thought. Seems strange, after all, bigger superior screen!? No brainer.

aljames said:
It is because the APP was designed for the iPhone. No iPhone only app is ever recommended for use on the iPad, unless there is a separate version specifically for the iPad (often delivered together). It would certainly be nice if DJI created something specifically for the iPad, but so far, nothing. So we all just have to use the Phone app in 2X mode. Not great, but definitely better.

DCGOO said:
aljames said:
It is because the APP was designed for the iPhone. No iPhone only app is ever recommended for use on the iPad, unless there is a separate version specifically for the iPad (often delivered together). It would certainly be nice if DJI created something specifically for the iPad, but so far, nothing. So we all just have to use the Phone app in 2X mode. Not great, but definitely better.

I've had my P2V+ for about six weeks. Started with using an iPhone 5s, but my eyes just weren't good enough for that tiny screen. I had an iPad Mini, first version - non "Retina display", and decided to give it a try even though DJI didn't "recommend" it. I had the problem with the iPad's "menubar" showing Cell/WiFi/Time etc. blocking out some of the Vision App info along the top of its window when it was "expanded" full-screen. I could live with that.

But things got worse when I started using the "Ground Station" function. The iPad Mini couldn't handle the processing load for the camera video when I went from the "Ground Station" window to the FPV camera window to observe the flight or adjust camera tilt. The video lagged way behind actual flight status, jumped badly, and just wasn't usable.

Others on this forum have been using the iPad Mini successfully so I came to the conclusion that I needed to get the second version of the iPad Mini with the more powerful A7 processor and "Retina display."

I went on the Apple Store and found they had "refurbished" WiFi only with 16 GB iPad Minis (Retina with A7 chip) -- which I bought. Refurbished units have the same Apple one year warranty. Also figured with Apple's 14 day return policy I'd make sure it worked with the P2V+ "ground station," or I'd return it.

Well the iPad Mini with "Retina display" works fine. In fact, the iPad's top menubar no long interferes with the Vision app's display. There's really no need for DJI to do any additional programming to get the app to work on the iPad Mini. Haven't tried any iPad or iPad Air units, but since the current models all have the same 2048 x 1536 resolution, the display should be OK. However, the iPad with "Retina display" does have a less powerful A6X chip which might be a problem -- don't know.

I'd definitely "recommend" the iPad Mini "Retina" for FPV and "Ground Station" flying. Small enough that the controller isn't overly bulky.

And I thought it was just my iPad mini that lagged the video when flying GS missions... lol!!
Works fine on my 5s though.
I don't use the GS app at all now, although I can see good use for it, I just haven't used it since its release.
I fly with either a 4s, a 5s or the iPad mini, which ever I feel like using at the time.
I can see the screen much better on the mini though.

Now I can't get my iPad Mini to connect to my home WiFi. lmfao. What a fricking hassle. Thanks for all the info...hopefully I can get it downloaded before I go blind squinting at the S3 or crashing.

Geert said:
Mac_Guy said:
I'd definitely "recommend" the iPad Mini "Retina" for FPV and "Ground Station" flying. Small enough that the controller isn't overly bulky.

I agree. Exactly my thoughts. The iPad mini retina is performing very well, light, not too big and not too small.
I am using also a Hoodi on my iPad mini which works perfect on sunny days.

Geert./.

Agree! Same set up here and love it!

I've had my P2V+ for about six weeks. Started with using an iPhone 5s, but my eyes just weren't good enough for that tiny screen. I had an iPad Mini, first version - non "Retina display", and decided to give it a try even though DJI didn't "recommend" it. I had the problem with the iPad's "menubar" showing Cell/WiFi/Time etc. blocking out some of the Vision App info along the top of its window when it was "expanded" full-screen. I could live with that.

But things got worse when I started using the "Ground Station" function. The iPad Mini couldn't handle the processing load for the camera video when I went from the "Ground Station" window to the FPV camera window to observe the flight or adjust camera tilt. The video lagged way behind actual flight status, jumped badly, and just wasn't usable.

Others on this forum have been using the iPad Mini successfully so I came to the conclusion that I needed to get the second version of the iPad Mini with the more powerful A7 processor and "Retina display."

I went on the Apple Store and found they had "refurbished" WiFi only with 16 GB iPad Minis (Retina with A7 chip) -- which I bought. Refurbished units have the same Apple one year warranty. Also figured with Apple's 14 day return policy I'd make sure it worked with the P2V+ "ground station," or I'd return it.

Well the iPad Mini with "Retina display" works fine. In fact, the iPad's top menubar no long interferes with the Vision app's display. There's really no need for DJI to do any additional programming to get the app to work on the iPad Mini. Haven't tried any iPad or iPad Air units, but since the current models all have the same 2048 x 1536 resolution, the display should be OK. However, the iPad with "Retina display" does have a less powerful A6X chip which might be a problem -- don't know.

Actually i tried the DJI Vision app ver. 1.0.56 on my Ipad mini retina with ios ver. 9.2 but unable to display some of the parameters & functions...maybe because it doesn't have a GPS....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl