Ipad mini or stick with Pc laptop

Reaction score
Koh Samui Thailand... from Carrickfergus N Ireland
Hi

I have ordered the ipad/pc Groundstation and I have a laptop that I was going to use . Recently a cheap Ipad mini 3g has come up for sale ... I was wondering if any owners think that the mini would be too small a screen to use or better wait and just use my Laptop ?

Thanks

Ipad mini works great and seems easier than using PC. Mine is set for both but I prefer the Ipad for ease of transport and I'm not juggling gear when using GS.

The ipad app and the PC software are 2 different beasts as far as the UI is concerned and each has their own learning curve. I gotta say I have got used to the quirkyness of the PC software.

As far as size goes I'm not sure. Most if the work on missions that I do are planned in the comfort of a sofa so I would do little or no mission modification in the field. So it probably would be OK for upload and Go.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Up until DJI made their recent updates I used both the iPad and PC software but I found the iPad to be more convenient.
I updated the PC software which included the embedded no fly zones and because of this I now exclusively use the iPad, which I haven't upgraded, as DJI are convinced I'm now a danger to commercial flights.... Rant over ;)

The added benefit of the iPad is that you have no trailing wires to deal with and you can mount it, with a little ingenuity, to the top of your main controller so that it's easy to alternate between control methods.

Regards

Nidge

One thing I find strange is that you can download the App for the Ipad to have a play about with but not the Pc Software ? You still need to buy the hardware for it to work so why is that ? why not add a link to their website so people can try it out ?

just my little rant :)

OI Photography said:
erico said:
One thing I find strange is that you can download the App for the Ipad to have a play about with but not the Pc Software ? You still need to buy the hardware for it to work so why is that ? why not add a link to their website so people can try it out ?

just my little rant :)

Here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/163 ... S%20CD.zip

Thank you ... your a gentleman :) means I can have a play before it arrives !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1