Ipad mini or Ipod Touch - which to buy?

Reaction score
I'm new here, so hello everyone. My Phantom 2 Vision is coming today and I need to order a device to control the camera. I have a large IPad, but that's obviously too big, and I don't have an Iphone so I'm going to order an Ipod Touch or an IPad Mini this weekend. I've been doing searches trying to figure out which I'd be happier with but I still don't know and it's time to order one or the other. I know I'd need to modify the bracket for the IPad Mini but that doesn't look like a big deal. Is the bigger screen real helpful or would the Ipod touch be big enough? I'd really appreciate the opinion of some folks that have spent some time with the Phantom 2 Vision. Thanks for your time.

Go iPad Mini and one of these mounts viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13483

I used an iPod before my mount came (for my Android tablet) and would never think of going back.
Nothing wrong with the iPod other than it's tiny.

BTW I'm 99.9% sure there are people here who do use a full size iPad. I'm sure you could find what mount they use if you Search.
Personally I'm happy with my 7" tablet, small enough where it doesn't become a hassle yet large enough to see well.

Thanks! I was planning on using the IPad Mini until yesterday when I started thinking maybe I'd get by with the Ipod Touch and save some money. I just ordered the IPad and the mount you suggested. It's a little unclear to me how the mount fastens to the controller but hopefully it will be apparent once I have it in front of me.

Lee123 said:
It's a little unclear to me how the mount fastens to the controller but hopefully it will be apparent once I have it in front of me.
Quite easily actually.
The original poster said it best in another thread:
pyrophantom said:
It works perfectly out of the box with the existing ball joint attached to the vision transmitter and ive been looking for one for ages with the same 3/4 inch socket, so in answer to your question no mod needed in any way shape or form, just pop off the existing phone holder, and fit the new one with your tablet on, 2 mins tops !!!

:D
The other thread on it (that I probably should have posted originally) with more detailed pics :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13482

Thanks. The pictures helped a lot. I was confused because I haven't even unpacked mine yet due to other problems I had to work on, so I didn't realize there was a ball joint that came apart on the phone holder. The pictures made it totally clear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20