iPad mini or iPad Air 2?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Trying to decide between the iPad Mini 4 and iPad Air 2. Which tablet do you guys prefer using?

Thanks!

The bigger the screen the cooler [emoji41] I'm using an iPad 2 air

Faster the processor and more memory is preferred

The fpv video on the iPad air 2 looks a little blurry, is there anyway to make it look clearer?

I have a mini 4 bought from Best Buy for $299. After using my iPhone 5s, the mini is really awesome. No more lag or jumpy screen shots, its really fast. The screen is actually better than the air 2, albeit smaller. Just a great set up for me. Also I tether it to my phone so the maps work perfectly without having to cache beforehand. I keep reading about buying an iPad with unactivated cell service so GPS is enabled. That costs about $150 more, and if I tether whats the point?

Also I tether it to my phone so the maps work perfectly without having to cache beforehand. I keep reading about buying an iPad with unactivated cell service so GPS is enabled. That costs about $150 more, and if I tether whats the point?

The on board GPS that the cellular version of the Mini 4 has allows you to use the Follow Me intelligent mode, and dynamic home point. So, if resetting the home point to where the RC controller is, and using the follow me mode is important to you, you will need GPS on your tablet. You could also purchase a 3rd party GPS for the tablet, but they are about $150 anyway.

SD

The on board GPS that the cellular version of the Mini 4 has allows you to use the Follow Me intelligent mode, and dynamic home point. So, if resetting the home point to where the RC controller is, and using the follow me mode is important to you,
The dynamic home point works when tethered. I don't know about the Follow Me yet, but I'm thinking it should work as well.

Did you read the link you posted? Basically you need to get a GPS device for $100. Then hook all those contraptions together. So it comes down to $50 for a "all in one" or save $50 and have multiple devices while you are flying. I mean how are you going to mount the Garmin GLO Bluetooth module?

Additionally, the new iPad 2 Air has build-in barometer sensor that some of the 3rd party software like "Autopilot" take advantage off to get a much more precise altitude reading.

Did you read the link you posted? Basically you need to get a GPS device for $100. Then hook all those contraptions together. So it comes down to $50 for a "all in one" or save $50 and have multiple devices while you are flying. I mean how are you going to mount the Garmin GLO Bluetooth module?

Additionally, the new iPad 2 Air has build-in barometer sensor that some of the 3rd party software like "Autopilot" take advantage off to get a much more precise altitude reading.
Sure did? One guy says it works tethered, and one guy says it doesn't? Who do you believe?

Not even $50 difference. I'm on your side here. Would just rather have the all in one Air2 + Cellular for $130 more than purchase 3rd party Bluetooth GPS. You don't even have to activate the cellular contract.

My point of the "Hmmm" is who do you believe? I've read it both ways now and don't want to spread misinformation. Before this guys post, all the posts I've read say the GPS info from the tethered source DOES NOT share its location? I'm personally going to test the tethered Mini4 Wifi to my Iphone 6 and see if I can reset the home point to the controller's location. After I walk a couple hundred yards from my take off point, I'll report back. I usually tether to download the local maps when on location. I hope it's true as I only have a WiFi Mini 4.

SD

Reactions: yawnalot29
I stand corrected, GPS does not work with iPad mini when tethered. Only maps do, so I guess if I want dynamic home point and follow me, I have to get a stand alone GPS. The advantage I can see is the next time I upgrade I won't need to buy a cell enabled pad ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers